+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Geting my ex something for her bday?

Geting my ex something for her bday?

So, I don't know where to begin with but basically we broke up a month ago due to many reasons(I.e communications), but in me I still really love this woman and her birthday is coming up in next month. I was thinking of making a a slideshow of our old picture together as a Gift of our last memories to share with her. Would it be over the line? Will this be awkward for her? and we haven't talk since then. Little background story, I tried to break up with her once before xmas but she begged me not to and she promised she will change and this time she did exactly the same thing that was kind of immature so I broke up with her. In the end I still care for her and just wondering if it would be ok to send her the "Gift" on her birthday.

What are you thinking??!!

Waaaay over the line. She'll be confused and unsure as to what it means. Most likely, she'll think you're missing her and want to have another try. Truly, it is the kind of gift which someone who wants another chance will give. Or, if it doesn't mean that to her, she will likely think you're trying to rub her nose in her mistakes.

If you want to allow her to heal, my best advice is to let her birthday slip quietly by.

I agree it would be a horrible thing for you to do. Either you are in or you are out...not "lets still be emotionally together but not really together". What the hell are you trying to accomplish here? Get over your attachment and leave the poor girl alone so she can move on too.

I agree with everyone....What a manipulative thing for you to do. If you want her back (foolish if you do because you'll just be going back to more of the same) then outright ask her if she would like a do over. Sending her photos of you while together is a very hurtful and confusing thing to do to someone you've kicked to the curb. Shit or get off the pot. Continue with no contact or reconcile but this half-assed jesture is tre-wrong.

Yes....dickhead move

I think it's a great idea for nice, inexpensive birthday gift. Don't listen to all these haters.

^^ okay, you're just being contrarily sarcastic and looking for a reaction. Just thought I'd clear that up for you OP so that you don't do something stupid thinking that Backup was being serious. I felt a need to explain since you are silly enough to think your BD idea might be a good one which means you lack in common sense. O.o

Well I don't mean to hurt her or anything, she was my first, and when we broke up I wasn't sure what is right to do or not. That's exactly why I came here for, to get some advice. Clearly, it's a bad idea.

When you broke up with her you weren't sure it was the right thing to do....how do you feel about your decision now?

I felt I made a mistake, but it is too late for that now. It's like everywhere I go there's something reminds me of her and I miss her a lot. She did made it clear that didn't want to be together again so I'm trying to find a way to move on but it's really hard.

So have you actually told her that you want to get back together with her?

You broke up for a reason, you wanted out, things were too much, things weren't working out. It was for the better. You focus too much on this because you are not keeping busy. Occupy your time with doing new things, hang out with old friends, etc. Don't spend your time stalking her on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by NotLove View Post
    I felt I made a mistake, but it is too late for that now. It's like everywhere I go there's something reminds me of her and I miss her a lot. She did made it clear that didn't want to be together again so I'm trying to find a way to move on but it's really hard.
    Well, it's not easy when someone we've become used to having in our life isn't around anymore but you will get past this pain and missing her, NotLove... it's just a matter of time or, what you do with your time that will get you past it all. Keep yourself occupied doing things you like to do, hang with friends, join a gym or a co-ed sports team where you'll meet put together guys and girls.

It's important to your speedier recovery that you maintain no contact and to stop creeping her social network sites.

Hope you feel better soon... and remember there is a girl out there that you won't feel you need to break up with because she'll be a proper match for you. Don't let your "missing her" think that it was a union that was meant to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well, it's not easy when someone we've become used to having in our life isn't around anymore but you will get past this pain and missing her, NotLove... it's just a matter of time or, what you do with your time that will get you past it all. Keep yourself occupied doing things you like to do, hang with friends, join a gym or a co-ed sports team where you'll meet put together guys and girls.

It's important to your speedier recovery that you maintain no contact and to stop creeping her social network sites.

Hope you feel better soon... and remember there is a girl out there that you won't feel you need to break up with because she'll be a proper match for you. Don't let your "missing her" think that it was a union that was meant to last a lifetime.
    Really appreciate for the advice, I haven't hang out much with my old friends for a very very long time because I was dating her so I would definitely try my best to be a better person, but for now I will keep my head high and get through this storm. Thank you everybody.