+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Had a Major Breakdown today.

Had a Major Breakdown today.

So we have broken up for almost 3 weeks now, no contact since the last time I went to grab my stuff. Today, she texted me to give her back her DVDs and few games. I asked when she wanted, and she didn't reply. After waiting for almost half a day for no reply, I decided to drop it off at her front door. At this point I thought I was able to handle the situation, but the moment as I walk towards to her front door, I literally fell apart inside. Partly is because I took a glance through the window into her room, which brings up all the memories and I just couldn't handle it. 5 hours has passed since I drop off the stuff and I'm stuck right where I started in the beginning. I thought I'm slowly moving on, but it's worst now and I'm really confused of what to do to get rid of those feelings. and of course , I texted her after saying I left it at her house and no reply.

P.S: No one was home at the time when I went, I don't know if it makes a difference

You are in this position because you are still contacting her. You are done now, and stop expecting a reply....no more contact.

At that time I thought it was ok but I guess I made a mistake. totally regret it now.

it really sucks, it's one of the worst feelings :[ but I agree with smackie, once the no contact starts it's so much easier to get over. when you're still talking to the person, you're clinging onto this false hope feeling that MAYBE things can work out still, even though the reality is that they won't. you're going to have ups and downs for awhile, at least I did anyways. some days you'll feel great like you're over it, others you're gonna feel like a wreck. it's gonna be a rollercoaster of feelings for awhile, but I promise you eventually it will get easier and you will feel ok :]

You should at least meet her in person and it would take few seconds to see where you both are. Now If shes not with you than dont thing about her. Right now you need all the love from friends and family you can get and any contact with other girls will help a lot too. Keep yourself busy and think positive.

You're going to have breakdowns, like ashley89 said. At first you'll have many terrible days and a few good ones, then it'll gradually shift to many good days and a few terrible ones, then those random days will get slightly less terrible. I'm over 60 days of being apart from my ex, and I broke down for the first time in a while today. It's going to happen. Think positive and enjoy life, but when you DO breakdown, the biggest thing you can do for yourself is to LET IT HAPPEN. No one told me this, and when my friend told me that maybe I really did just need to cry and let it out (that I wasn't ridiculous for still crying this far after the breakup), I let it out, cried my heart out, and felt a bit relieved at the end of it.

Hang in there!