+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have we run out of steam? Time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by snake1977 View Post
    ok I'm digging up this old post for some further advice. I finally told my other half what I have been upto, I confessed all. I had no idea how she would react. Bottomline is she wanted me back, she wanted us to try again. We decided the relationship was worth fighting for so this is what we did. The other girl at work was gutted as you can imagine. It's now 6 months down the line and everything is stable again. We are working hard at the relationship to make it work. I still have feelings for the other girl at work (I see her everyday) and she has feelings for me.

How the hell do I cope with these feelings? I try to bury those feelings but its incredibly difficult. On one hand I'm moving on with my current relationship but I'm not being entirely honest with myself for the feelings I have for this other girl.
    No wonder you still have feelings for the other girl. How can you have any respect for your wife when she'd take back someone like you? I'm thinking sub-consciously you've lost feeling for your wife because she's weak enough to take you back without you haveing to suffer any consequences for your piss-poor actions.

It's like that old Groucho Marx quote: "I'd never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member"

Get your mind OFF of the other girl. Try being respectful to your wife for a change and consciously stop your thoughts off of a woman that would knowingly interlope on someone elses relationship. Ugh.

One thing is certain. You like to pick women who have no respect for themselves. Have you ever been in a relationship where the one you pursued wasn't already taken or you yourself were'nt taken. Have you ever thought about getting a few therapy session under your belt for your inability to get with someone who was actually free to get with?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 19-03-13 at 03:14 AM.

Yea, dude, just end it. Move on. It won't be easy to tell her but it's gotta be done. Like others have said, she deserves better.

I noticed in your first post where you mentioned that your girlfriend doesn't have sex as a #1 priority. This is completely normal for a person who's relationship isn't based on sex..

For a good sex life to continue in a long term relationship, you have to have other things as a higher priority. Eg, love, respect, good conversation, having fun together, being fulfilled as in individual, work-life balance etc etc. Get those in place and a good sex life will follow.

In the meantime, if sex is #1 priority to you, it would explain why you're not getting any.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12