+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just curious?

just curious?

I am not in a relationship had a fresh breakup its been a few months, just curious I am trying really hard to meet someone again,
    I don't seem to be getting anywhere so I have a few questions for the women who use this forum

- do women like fit healthy men with a good body? (I don't mean bodybuilders I mean sort of bradpitt/Christian bale type build?

- do women go for men with money or a fancy car?

- do women like men with or without hair?

- is being friendly, sincere, honest, respectful and intelligent enough?

you don't need to be detailed in your answers just want some normal feedback

thanks

Attractiveness is a very subjective thing. I may be attracted to a guy that my friend is completely not attracted to, and so on. I can answer for myself:

1. I personally prefer not-too-muscly guys. I wouldn't date someone who is morbidly obese or exceedingly flabby for his age. What really matters to me appearance-wise is his eyes, the way he looks at things... his eyes need to be bright, curious, passionate, the eyes of a good person. Without this premise, I wouldn't even start looking at his body.

2. I don't personally care about how much money a guy has, as long as he isn't lazy and as long as he's independent and able to look after himself. As for fancy cars, I am actually a bit prejudiced against guys who have them... it's like they're either players or they're trying to overcompensate for something, or they actually believe that a person's worth is measured in money and fancy cars (or all those things combined). He may just be a sports car enthusiast or something, in which case I wouldn't mind either way.

3. I'm 23 and I wouldn't want to date a guy much older than myself, so I prefer guys who still have hair.

4. Being sincere, honest, respectful and intelligent are necessary conditions for me to even consider dating a guy.

ok thank you just asked because well I agree on the attractiveness thing everyone has different taste,

ok and the rest thanks, so like today in England it was quite a nice sunny day driving back from work I noticed a few things, a flashy aston martin sports car went past a few people looked but a bunch of women together smiled at the man driving it, also when he stopped at the lights next to me I noticed he was quite a heavy older guy with a mustache...and the women who looked quite young and attractive,
    also I noticed a lot of "overweight" and not gracefully balding men with fit young women in the streets today...

I am not saying none of this should or should not happen just want a womans point of view

oh and the guy driving the car was no sean connery more like fraiser

Quote Originally Posted by alonebeast View Post
    ok thank you just asked because well I agree on the attractiveness thing everyone has different taste,

ok and the rest thanks, so like today in England it was quite a nice sunny day driving back from work I noticed a few things, a flashy aston martin sports car went past a few people looked but a bunch of women together smiled at the man driving it, also when he stopped at the lights next to me I noticed he was quite a heavy older guy with a mustache...and the women who looked quite young and attractive,
    also I noticed a lot of "overweight" and not gracefully balding men with fit young women in the streets today...

I am not saying none of this should or should not happen just want a womans point of view
    It just goes to show that everyone has different tastes. It's the same with guys - some like smaller breasts, some like bigger ones, etc... there is no "one size fits all" when it come to being attracted to someone.

apart from the attractiveness, what about my other thoughts, I mean don't feel obliged to answer if your unsure

thanks anyways I agree, although I cant really say breasts are top of my agenda, but hey everyones different

apart from the attractiveness, what about my other thoughts
    I already answered re: money and fancy cars and the other things you mentioned... I told you how I see it. I'm pretty sure it's not the same for all women though: as you said, everyone is different.

Ah sorry I must have read what you wrote in hast and mis-read it. Yeah true very true, well I am glad your not driven by materialistic things, of course having success is nice, but a woman to date a man because of his car is shallow or how big his house is. I personally drive an everyday normal car and live in a flat in London I think nothing special but I am 29 not 69.

- do women like fit healthy men with a good body? (I don't mean bodybuilders I mean sort of bradpitt/Christian bale type build?

Every woman's different. Personally, I wouldn't pay attention to a man's body unless they were very heavy, in which case it could be a turn-off.

- do women go for men with money or a fancy car?

Some do, but this wouldn't be me.

- do women like men with or without hair?

Again, some women are bothered by baldness. It's not something that would bother me.

I don't want to say this is "enough". I see guys on-line complaining all of the time that they have these qualities but are still getting turned down by women, as though it should be everything. I think the things you mentioned are the minimum requirements for me. But there are a lot of nice guys out there, so a guy would have to stick out as one of the ones "for me". I won't lie. A cute face and confidence help. More important, though, is finding someone with similar interests, values, sense of humor, etc. It's not about a guy having the qualities that would make him attractive to all women. It's about him having the qualities that lined up best with me. Once, a guy would have that, then other aspects of him would start to appear attractive as well.

I'm personally having a hard time understanding why a woman would be attracted to a guy just because of a nice car, even on a shallow level. My suspicion is that girls who give attention to that type of a man aren't really interested in him. They're just hoping they can use him for his money.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

- do women like fit healthy men with a good body?
    These two things are important to me. Just be yourself and be confident that you are good enough. Also are you completely over your ex? If not, then meeting someone new is not a good idea yet. Its pointless just trying to replace her, having a rebound and hurting a nice girl just to make you feel better. Give yourself some more time if you think you need it

I don't care about his car or money. And if being bald suits him-its fine too. It looks good on some people. Two of my uncles are bald and both are good looking men. Just avoid girls who come across as materialistic or shallow and you will be fine
    Last edited by michelle23; 27-05-13 at 06:38 PM.

Ten years ago I met a nice normal guy that was driving a normal car and we shortly became friends then we lost contact. He reappeared in my life two years ago, looking much better than before, apparently he started doing sports regularly a few years ago, he was driving a sport convertible car and his career was at its peak, but all the success and attention he was so easily and unexpectedly receiving from women totally changed his personality. He ended up lacking some basic personality traits that are fundamental for a happy relationship. He was a much nicer and desirable man ten years before but he probably could never understand this.

This is not a rule, but very good looking guys that have money are often lousy partners as soon as the initial boom disappears in the relationship. I wouldn't envy them or the girls that are with them. There is often much insecurity and drama in those relationships.

Unless someone is enormously wealthy, driving a flashy cars indicates over compensation or bad money skills.

80% of people driving nice cars can't afford them

Id be very weary of rich men. Not all are bad but many are a little narcissistic and therefore cannot be trusted.

Well, I usually try to appear poor but I can't seem to pull it off. Eventually I say or do something that a poor person definitely would not.

thank you for all your replies, its nice to see some of you ladies are not materlistic - I mean ofcourse I want to achieve the best in life and try to live to a standard I think owning my own place at 29, keeping fit and driving a reasonable car and living a decent life and being friendly would be a good place to be, however I do have an online profile on plenty of fish.com and well Its not gloating or topless mirror photos just the truth and well I have approached women online - who seem to looking for mr.genuine and yet heard nothing bad and done this well over 100's of times. I mean I have dated very attractive girls so looks wise I don't really think I have an issue, just observations I have made.

To answer someones question from earlier yes I am over my ex - she was sleeping with me and telling me she loved me and wanted to make us work but the same week going back to her sisters house where she lived and when her sister was out with her kids - my ex was seeing another man and having sex with him. And then coming to my place and saying "oh we have to get engaged I love you" but she broke it off because apparently she knew him from somewhere and he could get her a job... long story

So someone said baldness is ok, I am not bald myself I had a head full of very dark brown hair, however why do I hear people mocking bald guys? and then I see a bald guy with a attractive lady?
    or why do women sit in front of the tv and say ""oooh brad pitts got great abs" and well mine are ok - but then I see a man who looks 9 months pregnant with a supermodel girl?

also the car doesn't matter...funny I see women turning around constantly looking at cars...so if I go and buy a nice car because I like cars does that mean I am compensating for something because I like attractive cars and fast cars....

I am trying to understand you all here, because your all different, different races, countries, nationalities, people I don't know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast