+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationships that mean lying to your best mate.

Relationships that mean lying to your best mate.

Hi i have been flirting with this guy at work for ages and him back. We recently the other week sort of agreed that we both wanted to start a relationship. We had been toning down the flirtations at work as to stop tounges wagging and were even sort of seeing each other outside of work for the first time. I tell my best mate everything she knows all about this bloke but knows nothing more than hes a great collegue that i share many a laugh with, although she could relay every single one of mine and his conversations and flirtations. Today she asked me outright if i was going out with guy. I immediatly turned around and denied everything and just said that we were very good mates and great collegues. This may have made her jealous if i suddenly turn around and say i have a new best mate, maybe she thinks i am ignoring her and she thinks i see her as second best after him??? But now i relise that i need her help and need to let her know what is going on. How do i tell her that i am sort of seeing this bloke but i still see her as my best mate and probably the only one that i can trust with such news. I have so much that i need to tell her and need her to help me with that i need to let her know. What is the best way to do this? Was i wrong denying this bloke and i am very close? Please help - very confused.

the truth will set you free........
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

yes you were wrong. tell her. if she's your friend then she'll think no different of you. you just stated plenty of reasons.

1. "i need her help and need to let her know what is going on"

2. "my best mate and probably the only one that i can trust with such news"

3. "so much that i need to tell her and need her to help me with that i need to let her know"

tell her you thought she'd be upset but you want to be honest with her because she is your best friend.

she'll call you a b.itch and you'll be gossiping all about said boyfriend in no tim.

emotion,

any thing that involves lying will eventually bite u in the ass. so dont. please dont . a lot many relationships and friendships have been spoiled due to lying.

please dont lie....and yes TRuth defnitly sets u free

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Definitely, a lot of people unconditionally put their friends before b/f or g/f which is fine, but in my opinion your best friend(s) will be there if the relationship goes wrong and should not be offended or take it to heart if you want to start a relationship with someone else. Do what you feel you wanna do, your best friend should be there if it goes wrong with the guy, but its unlikely the guy will hang around if you just try to keep your friend happy. Not saying you should ever ignore your friend, im sure you wont given that from your post you obviously care about her.
    And yes lying always leads to more lies and to eventual breakdown of any relationship.

do what u do = true

lie = segmentation fault == DONT LIE

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Thanks for your advice guys but how do i tell her that i planly just lied to her??? As you may have guessed from my previous posts this guy is older than me and also my assistant manager at work. She works with us also in a way, may this make her think of him in a different light???