+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lazy boyfriend....

Quote Originally Posted by bassdeath View Post
    any suggestions on how i can start to encourage him?

you're right that pot smoking can be irrelevant but for him, he is literally addicted, and he knows and says it himself. he doesn't want to quit completely but has said that he wishes he could cut down significantly. i dont know if thats possible. and when i tell him to seek professional help, which i would gladly accompany him to, he rejects the idea. he knows that when he smokes it just makes him want to "chill". and not study or do much else.
    You cannot do anything. He needs to want to do it which means going cold turkey and to rehab to give it up completely. If he is not willing to do that-then you are wasting your time. He wont change. I know a lot of people who smoke pot and they generally just got worse as time went on. There are some exceptions-some people who manage to succeed even with their bad habit but your bf is not one of them. It makes him lazy. I know one person who has ADHD who smokes weed. He uses it to calm him down as he has a LOT of energy and pent up aggression/anger but he still works hard and is motivated. Your bf will do nothing with his life as long as weed is apart of him. You cannot fix him so please save yourself a lot of heartache and frustration and walk away now.

I had a boyfriend exactly like that for 3 years. You already know in your heart what you need to do. Start looking for a new place and make plans to move. Don't even discuss it with him. Then when the van pulls up to load your stuff in, chances are he'll be too busy playing videogames to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    World of Warcraft and pot... Run now!
    Don't know which ones worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12