+ Follow This Topic

Thread: re-approach or move on?

re-approach or move on?

I'll try to keep this short and likely vague. There's this girl I started to get to know and like. We chatted, did coffee runs, etc. Then I effectively acquaintance-zoned her, I guess to 'play it cool.' After weeks of being distant I finally got the courage to ask her out on a formal date, but I was too late, she was 'seeing someone.' This was four months ago. I basically cut ties, stopped going around where she would be, deleted my f/b (the only electronic means of contact I had with her) to 'get a life.' I don't see her around school now, it's summer term though. Since then I've bettered myself in many ways; lost a lot of weight, dated other girls. I have it on good authority that it didn't workout with that other guy and she's single. There's just something about her. I'd like a chance to re-approach, try again. Would it be weird if I re-add her on my new facebook as a stepping stone or would it be better to 'accidentally' bump into her in person come the fall? Perhaps I should just move on.

Yes try again..

No harm in trying again. Just add her on FB
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You can re-approach, but I'll tell you now, you need to man up and tell her why you pussied out last time.

She honestly will respect you SO much more for it. Otherwise, you risk coming off like you had interest in her, and then went off to pursue someone else, and you're doubling back out of desperation.

IMO if I was her I would rather have you run into me and start up a conversation. If you say you are in great shape now, you may as well use that to your advantage when she sees you in person.

Just adding someone on FB is so impersonal. (sorry Michelle)

Go again but be so much faster this time. Skip BS that get you nowhere before and just go straight for what you want. As long as you are confident in what you do and you do what you really want without holding back, she will apreciate you as a man. Do what you did before - go slow careful and play stupid indirect games - in friendzone you will end up.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I have a physical disability and I think I started to care how she might perceive it. In retrospect, I think being indirect and stalling was stupid.

If its not a problem for you it wont be problem for her too. Its physical right? So dont let it affect your brains too. Just be confident and make sure she have the chance to enjoy everything else thats good about you. Sometimes you just have to switch your brains off and do things. Pushing the limits of your courage will make you grow and progress towards her. This exitement will push you and she will translate it as genique interest.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will