+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Good Sign, or a Red Flag?

Now that you've revealed that ^^^ about your ex's family, I'm thinking that new guy is holding off because you still have quite a bit of ex baggage to deal with and if its still ongoing to the point where HIS family is interfering and wanting you to take him back, then new guy is doing all the right things by slowing things down and not wanting to get any further emotionally or physically involved with you until your stuff is settled and he's not going to end up being a rebound.

I'd not want it out there for everyone (including a psycho ex) knowing either at this point.

To him, I think you are the one showing all the red flags.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I guess you're right... What do you suggest I do? Wait it out ? Assure him?

Well, you can't assure him because you've yet to close that chapter in your life so assuring him will only be words without action at this point. What exactly have you done in actions that will assure him? Have you told his family to leave you alone? Have you made it impossible for them to contact you by blocking and deleting them where ever possible?

I think you should get your baggage stowed away and you let him lead for now as you work on yourself and ending ALL the ex drama you're still embroiled in and just play it by ear for a little while longer. Hopefully, he will advance the relationship s he sees you've ended your past dilemma.

How long have you known him and how has he proposed that you two will handle the distance that is going to be between the two of you? Will he be seeing you every weekend? Are you going to be exclusive? If things work out will one of you move to be closer to the other? All things that should be discussed and agreed to before you get any further involved with one another. If one of you will never move, then really what is the point of this relationship at all?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12