+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defining relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    learning1, if you're not sure, ask. Don't make it a big formal conversation, just ask him if he considers your relationship "exclusive", because you would like it to be. It is that simple.
    Thank you. But he's already confirmed that we're exclusive as in he's not sleeping with anyone else. So in his mind things may be obvious and he may wonder what exactly I need reassurance about. I don't want to look overdramatic

Everyone here who isn't contributing needs to shut up and get the f*ck out of the forum. The OP is asking a question, not to be judged. I'm looking at you, toknow, you ignorant twit. Starnique, you're a close second .
    Look, I don't know who the f!#k you think you are but you or your opinion don't mean shit to me. You don't tell me what to contribute and what not to, lets get that straight. Don't try to handle me cause I'm not the one. You clearly have me mixed up.

Op, you're grown and still learning I see. If he's your bf, do him raw or whatever you want. Six weeks just really stood out to me. You don't have to give him all the specials at first. I'm not perfect and I do what I do but I know what I'm doing. I say what I say for a reason but we all have diff experiences and I'm glad I'm so advanced.

The time to discuss where things are going is BEFORE you start sleeping with him. I can't believe you talked to him about not using condoms before you ever know if you're in a committed, exclusive relationship. Ick.

And I don't think it's clear what's going on. Sounds like he's getting a lot of sex without commitment, and beyond that, who knows. Just because your friends call him your BF, doesn't mean he thinks he is.

Regardless, at this point, the horses have already left the barn. But, there is something seriously, seriously wrong if you can discuss having unprotected sex, but don't want to ask him if he considers you a relationship or a **** buddy. Think on that for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by learning1 View Post
    Thank you. But he's already confirmed that we're exclusive as in he's not sleeping with anyone else. So in his mind things may be obvious and he may wonder what exactly I need reassurance about. I don't want to look overdramatic
    Not sleeping with other girls doesn't mean he's not dating others, nor does it mean he is interested in a relationship.

Again, so messed up you'll talk about raw dogging, but can't discuss the emotional side.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    I can't believe you talked to him about not using condoms before you ever know if you're in a committed, exclusive relationship. Ick.
    That was the point of getting a clear statement that he isn't sleeping with anyone else before not using condom. as far as dating others? Literally logically impossible sincce he's with me or at his job (a public service job w/late night hours) every single night of the week, and I'm invited to anything he does with his friends. Also... "a whole lot of sex"? he will often ask me to do things that dont involve sex whatsoever, we'll go the whole day without. It's really obvious it isn't his main focus w/me
    Last edited by learning1; 03-09-13 at 09:05 AM.

That was the point of getting a clear statement that he isn't sleeping with anyone else before not using condom. as far as dating others? Literally logically impossible sincce he's with me or at his job (a public service job w/late night hours) every single night of the week, and I'm invited to anything he does with his friends. Also... "a whole lot of sex"? he really doesn't even try to get that, often asking me to do things where we go the whole day not even having sex.
    So then what's your question, again?

But really, are you ready to put yourself at a serious health risk after 6 weeks with someone you barely know???

And if he's not asking you for sex, then he's likely getting it elsewhere, unless he considers you more in the friendzone.

You can't have it both ways, and this whole thing is strange. You rarely have sex, but you're asking him to have unprotected sex? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    And if he's not asking you for sex, then he's likely getting it elsewhere, unless he considers you more in the friendzone.
    This is really off base -- I just know it. But you are right in saying that it's stupid for me to not be able to talk to him a bout a relationship/commitment if i can talk about sex without condoms. Maybe I should tell him exactly that... "really, before we have sex without condoms, we should probably make sure we're on the same page with everything else - is this what you'd consider a relationshp? is that what you even want, to be boyfriend/girlfriend?"

That was the point of getting a clear statement that he isn't sleeping with anyone else before not using condom. as far as dating others? Literally logically impossible sincce he's with me or at his job (a public service job w/late night hours) every single night of the week, and I'm invited to anything he does with his friends
    No it's not impossible. That comment alone shows your lack of experience and your naivete. I'm not saying he's doing other people, but it's not impossible. Late night hours? Perfect excuse. As I said, I'm not saying that's the case but you're not his gf yet and you have a lot to learn. Talk to him and be real with him. I can see a guy easily getting over on you.
    Last edited by Starnique; 03-09-13 at 09:19 AM.

This is really off base -- I just know it. But you are right in saying that it's stupid for me to not be able to talk to him a bout a relationship/commitment if i can talk about sex without condoms. Maybe I should tell him exactly that... "really, before we have sex without condoms, we should probably make sure we're on the same page with everything else - is this what you'd consider a relationshp? is that what you even want, to be boyfriend/girlfriend?"
    Well, if you feel that you're not a friend, and that you are more, than yes, definitely ask him!!

And, I still think it's way WAY too soon to put yourself at risk. You don't know this guy. 6 weeks is not a long time, and although you *think* you know his every move, you don't.

If you insist on having unprotected sex, then at least I hope you'll both go get tested first. I mean, seriously. You are aware that some STD's can kill you, render you infertile, or leave you with a permanent virus???

I think there are bigger concerns than the label, frankly. If I were him, I'd be seriously concerned about a girl who wanted to screw me raw, and before we ever discussed where we both saw things going.

Everyone here who isn't contributing needs to shut up and get the f*ck out of the forum. The OP is asking a question, not to be judged. I'm looking at you, toknow, you ignorant twit. Starnique, you're a close second here.

learning1, if you're not sure, ask. Relationships are about communication, and if you're only 6 weeks in and already on different pages, then long term the chances of success are slim to none. Don't make it a big formal conversation, just ask him if he considers your relationship "exclusive", because you would like it to be. It is that simple.
    LOL....that's funny coming from a guy who looks like a green pickle. You are way off.

Maybe if you change your picture I will take you more seriously............Nah....you'd have to get a brain transplant for that.

Can you keep a strait face reading what you wrote? I couldn't. Stick with the circus.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 02:13 PM.

Everyone here who isn't contributing needs to shut up and get the f*ck out of the forum. The OP is asking a question, not to be judged. I'm looking at you, toknow, you ignorant twit. Starnique, you're a close second here.

learning1, if you're not sure, ask. Relationships are about communication, and if you're only 6 weeks in and already on different pages, then long term the chances of success are slim to none. Don't make it a big formal conversation, just ask him if he considers your relationship "exclusive", because you would like it to be. It is that simple.
    Cerby, as usual, making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Cerby, as usual, making sense.
    LOL....That clown? You are confused, that's called crying, not making sense. Still funny to watch.

cerby, next time I come here, I'm expecting you to have changed your picture to something more appropriate for you........you in a clown suit crying.
    Last edited by toknow; 04-09-13 at 01:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12