+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torn Between Two

Are either of these women interested in re-starting a relationship with you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Are either of these women interested in re-starting a relationship with you?
    Yes. Both have expressed interest. I've told both of them that we would have to remain friends for now. But I left the door open to let them know there was a possibility after I spent some time alone. So its just a matter of picking one or the other.

Why does it have to be either of them because neither sounds perfect from your own comments. So why not forget both of them - it's not worked with either in the past so it's unlikely to work in the future. Unless they are the only two women left on the planet, why not look for woman number 3?

Can you maintain a long term relationship with number 2? While her clinginess and over-dramatic nature might be okay in small doses (keeping in mind you didn't date for long), how will you feel if it becomes a 24/7 thing?

As for number 1 - I hate it when a partner makes no effort with my family or when they're just lazy and can't wash a dish.

You're problem is that while there are 2 women around, the temptation is to spend time analyzing their flaws and comparing, which doesn't work because all people have flaws.

If I were you I wouldn't settle for either of them.....good lord man you know you can do better.

I agree with Boisdevie and Lord Darshire, it seems to me that neither of these women are right for you. You don't have to pick one of them. Look for someone who is compatible with you under all aspects (or the vast majority of them).

Definitely do not stick with number 1, because clearly you are not in love with her (don't love her romantically). Number 2 is also bad news, with her drama and highs and lows. You want to stay away from that - that isn't love, it's codependency and infatuation. Look elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12