+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lost my best guy friend

lost my best guy friend

I don't know where to post this so thought I'd stick it here!

Basically, I've know J for about a year and a half and we were really good friends. Throughout my relationship with my ex, he was there for me and vice versa.

So when me and my ex broke up, we started talking more. He was asking me for dating advice (he met a girl) and when I started dabbling in dating for a little bit he was my go to guy for advice. So a few days ago, he asked me out in a really jokey sort of way.

He was talking to me about this girl he was interested in and suddenly asked "would it be weird if we went on a date?" I had to clarify and when I asked if he meant me and him he said yes. At this point I said "yeah it probably would be weird" thinking it was an innocent question.

As the conversation went on he kept talking about it and apologising for asking me out and I said to just move past it and continue as we normally would! He hasn't spoken to me since. I'm guessing now that he was more serious than I thought.

So my question is, can our friendship be salvaged or do I just give up?

Him asking you out shows that he feels more for you than just friendship......so being 'just friends' probably isn't possible. He may also be taking space to let his feelings for you die down.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Leave him alone. If he wants to be "just your friend" then he knows where to find you. I suspect that all along he wanted to be more then your MALE girlfriend and now that you've confirmed that thats all you want him to be, he's backed off (good for him).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Him asking you out shows that he feels more for you than just friendship......so being 'just friends' probably isn't possible. He may also be taking space to let his feelings for you die down.
    I'm aware of this! Which is why I asked whether the friendship can be salvaged.. and by this I mean at some point, I definitely don't think it'll happen anytime soon

he was embarrassed, he probably worked up alot of nerve to ask you that, maybe because he got feelings you might feel similar off something said , who knows but he was wrong and probably went off to lick his wounds. give him space and then ask him out for coffee to talk.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Omg dont become close friends with a guy in future. This ALWAYS happens. FYI guys never wana just be your friend. If hes spending time with you, listening to all your crap and drama and offering to go shopping with you-he wants more. Unless hes gay

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".