+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I lost my friend

I lost my friend

Please, tell me what to do. We have been friends since childhood, but 2 months ago we started dating as boyfriend and girlfriend. It was probably the biggest mistake we've ever made, because now I've lost both a friend and a lover. Everything seemed to be fine, and what happened was out of the blue: a week ago he said that he wanted to break up. We haven't talked since then. Now I don't know what to do. Tell me, please, how to cope with this situation.

Alex, you have got to give this situation some time. I know how painful it is just to sit it out for a while, but at some point you will connect as friends again. It can be done, but it takes determination from both sides. Remember how wonderful and special you are - don't blame yourself. It could be a number of things why he decided he wanted to break up. Men are so difficult to understand sometimes. They go into their caves and hide their feelings. Maybe he was getting scared? It happens all the time.

Remember, in order to be really happy in life, your love partnership must be an equal sharing of feelings and giving. He didn't give you that. Maybe as time goes on, he will be able to, but for right now you have to give it time. Maybe the men can tell you if you should approach him. I don't know.

Are you more upset that he is no longer a boyfriend or do you fear you have lost his friendship?

Take time, cry when you want to and be patient. I know how hard it is and how your stomach hurts. Try to stay busy - it may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1976 View Post
    Please, tell me what to do. We have been friends since childhood, but 2 months ago we started dating as boyfriend and girlfriend. It was probably the biggest mistake we've ever made, because now I've lost both a friend and a lover. Everything seemed to be fine, and what happened was out of the blue: a week ago he said that he wanted to break up. We haven't talked since then. Now I don't know what to do. Tell me, please, how to cope with this situation.
    that's the trouble dating a friend because when it won't work, you will loose - A FRIEND AND A LOVER.

anyway, i hope things will work out between you and him or atleast be friends again.
    ..::: Don't think that I am b*tch! I am beyond b*tch! :::..

Thanks for the advice - it's already helped more than you may think. It's so difficult dealing with break-ups, so, it is nice to know that there are others who are dealing with the same thing, or who have made it through. I'm going to try and talk to him a little more, but then some distance could help out. Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it!