+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi. Does it sound like i would have a second chance with this guy?

Hi. Does it sound like i would have a second chance with this guy?

So at the end of October 2013 I started dating a wonderful man. At the end of December before the holidays, he broke it off with me. He was never officially my boyfriend but we have started dating and we have kissed.

Anyways, I never knew the real reason why he didn't want to go out with me. Today I found out. He tells me that he would have to be working too much and that it wouldn't be fair to me since we would spend so little time together. He also has a busy school schedule next semester. His day would be school, work, go home for two hours of sleep then back to school and all over again ( he works in a factory during the night in a different state than we live in).

He told me the day we first met, he looked at me and thought that I had a boyfriend right away. He told me everything he thought. He was so happy to get my phone number and go out with me. The problem is, is that his schedule got worse because of next semester in school. Plus he needs to work because he helps his mother pay half the rent and the bills ( his dad is not in his life, his mom is a single parent). Does it sound like we would ever have a second chance at this relationship to work out? He still calls me and talks to me( he calls me like 6 out of 7 days a week), I can say he is my best friend right now. We have so much in common and I felt right with him. He felt the same way too but he wants me to be happy, not be stuck in a relationship where I would barely see him. Actually, he got it all wrong because if I was his girlfriend, I tell you I would be more happy than I have been in the past year.

Do you think we would ever have a second chance? Its hurting me more now that I know the reason why he told me we were just friends..... oh and if our ages help i'm 20 going to be 21 in less than one month. He is 22 going to be 23 in September
    Last edited by archiecomicxfan; 20-01-14 at 10:35 PM.

He may be more available in a few years time, but would you really want to put yourself on hold for all this time just in case? And what if this wasn't the whole reason he ended things and wouldn't want to try again anyway?

You say that you'd be more happy if you were his girlfriend, but I doubt it would last long. I mean, if he can't fit you into his schedule, what's the point? I imagine it would end with you feeling dissatisfied and unhappy. And his decision about not putting you in this position isn't just about him thinking of you; he probably doesn't want to deal with a girlfriend who isn't happy with a situation and wants what he can't give.

In the meantime, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by staying 'best friends' with him. How is either of you going to move on and find new love when you've got a best friend of the opposite sex? No future partner will want you if you've got another man as your best friend. And likewise, he will have the same problem with other girls.

It's time to get realistic. Let him fade from your life and move on to someone who has time and love for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.