+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move on? am a bit confused.

Should I move on? am a bit confused.

Hi....thank you for looking at my post. I'll try and keep it short, I met someone on line a few weeks ago and got on with her very well. We have been out on 8 or 9 dates now, she normally rings me each evening but have little contact during the day.

She is a strong positive woman, and I'm quite laid back about most things. In the last week she has been quite critical of how laid back I am, asking me why I don't have more hobbies and go out more with my friends (she has a good job and has horses dogs etc...so is always busy or so she says!!!)

I am happy with my life and do quite like this woman (apart from the criticism) but if she is continually going to be critical of me then perhaps she is not for me. Because of the criticisms I have half expected her to say thanks but no thanks, but she hasn't and has rung again this evening and we spoke for 45 mins, the conversation from her ended with "speak soon"!!!

My question is....should I walk away, or tell her that she is being in my opinion overly critical of my lifestyle that I am happy with. The thing I don't really understand if she is not happy with my lifestyle why does she still want to see me.....

Perhaps she wants to dominate you? Some people are like that. Try being a bit more forceful perhaps and see what happens. My GF could easily be controlling given the chance but I dont give her the chance.

I had thought of that and she has said on several occasions I should be more assertive with her....could be the way to go...