+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pet names for EX flames

Pet names for EX flames

I want to get the opinion of men and women. If your partner had a sex partner in the past and had a sexual nickname for this person and to this day continues to refer to them as that pet name when mentioned would this be a problem for you?

The nickname that is used for this particular person is "Mr. P". It means Mr. P*ssy. You get the picture. It is hard to break the habit of calling the person this when talking about them whether it be to a friend or to your partner. You were told that your partner hates when they are called this name for obvious reasons.

What would you do.

I respect my girlfriend and wouldn't insult her by talking about my exes.

Hmm.... That's actually a good question. I've never really had this situation arise, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. But, I have to say that I think the pet name should cease to be used once you are no longer in a relationship with the person. Unless it is an intentionally unflattering nickname. LOL! But, just as an example, I don't think a boyfriend should have to hear about his girlfriend's ex that she called "Thor" because his.... uhhh... hammer was very large. LOL! So, "Mr. P" really should go back to just being "Ulysses," or "Mortimor," or whatever was his actual name.

That said, I also agree with Boisdevie. Quite frankly, any talk about exes should be kept to a minimum, or perhaps even not brought up at all.

Even if asked or HAD to bring up that particular person for what ever reason, would your gf flip out if you used a similar pet name. Or if you discussed it with one of you close friends and called the person by that name to them.

Well it is said that thats all he was called as a sex pet name, so hard to break old habits.... It was only a sexual relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    So, "Mr. P" really should go back to just being "Ulysses," or "Mortimor," or whatever was his actual name.
    If their actual name is THAT bad though, then maybe a nick name is more appropriate.
    Mortimor. OH christ. I have dated a Greg, Bill, Jeremy, Brian... But a "Mortimor". That sounds like the name of a fat guy with boogers wiped all over the front of his shirt.
    Mortimor hahahah
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    If their actual name is THAT bad though, then maybe a nick name is more appropriate.
    Mortimor. OH christ. I have dated a Greg, Bill, Jeremy, Brian... But a "Mortimor". That sounds like the name of a fat guy with boogers wiped all over the front of his shirt.
    Mortimor hahahah
    Okay... how about Bastion? Or Therman? Or Irwin? ...Running out of really old fashioned names now. LOL!

I am rather partial to the name Bastian..although this may be because of The Neverending Story!

Quote Originally Posted by seecrithiding View Post
    I am rather partial to the name Bastian..although this may be because of The Neverending Story!
    Okay, then how about Atreyu? ;-)

Oh you know it! Admittedly my white cat's name is Falkor

Quote Originally Posted by seecrithiding View Post
    Oh you know it! Admittedly my white cat's name is Falkor
    Now that is awesome. I should name my next cat "Rock-biter." LOL!

His name was Pyornkrachzark, but good luck with that lol.