+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old Flames

Old Flames

Hello, I'm posting to ask opinions on a situation I find myself in. I dated a guy for 3 years. We broke up and have been broken up for 2 years. Within the last year we became random friends. Texting occasionally and talking on the phone.(He lives in another state) Within the last 3 months we've gotten alot closer. We talk a lot more and are closer all around.

Randomly, he got upset with me and said he didn't want us to get close againi because I knew what would happen. Some BS like that. Well, I blew it off because it was CRAP. However, it made me realize I WAS in fact still in love with him. Well, about 3 weeks ago I told him that I was still in love with him. I informed him that he knows how I feel about him. I said you know you're my best friend and I'm yours. You, CLEARLY, still have feelings for me. I said it's fine if he wants to talk to me, but I was kind of done with the whole faking friends thing. (I really do love being his friend..but it's something short of torture. A little more explanation is needed there..but it would make this post tooooooo long)

He told me he understood how I felt and that he really wished that I would continue talking to him. I said he could talk to me..that's fine. I just won't initiate anything. Well, now he initiates everything. He texts me and has called me the last two nights. (He's not a phone talker...and yet he pursuaded me to stay on the phone for 2.5 hours both nights.) WE spent a lot of time talking about a lot of stuff. He said a lot of sweet thi8ngs and called me hon a lot. I'm not the type to read into things...HOWEVER, he's a very deliberate person. He does not say or do anything without a reason. I got the feeling he was testing the waters with me..to see how I'd react to his advances, etc.

We talked a lot about our mutual attraction for each other and how we've noticed the change in the other. No talk of a relationship we thrown around. I hesitate to think he's only after sex..because like I said he's in another state.

Guys, what would this mean in guy world?

You should not be friends with your ex.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

That doesn't help me at all. And I don't agree. Sometimes people make better friends than they do lovers. I know lots of people who remain friends after breaking up with no hard feelings..they were just meant to be friends not partners.

Old Flames die HARD....

It doesn't sound like you had a nice breakup, so why get back into a relationship with him? I'm willing to bet that it will end worse than the first time, and probably in a shorter amount of time, too.