+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my first number... need a little advice!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick29 View Post
    Calm down my friend, there's no need for sarcastic assholism. We're only discussing relationships here, this being a love forum.

Yes and no-it's not necessarily romantic. Though those are first intentions, we could end up as friends and I'd be chill with that; and if her bf-scenario blows over eventually, the door'll swing open another opportunity.
    Actually, I am quite calm thank you.

But the point is you have romantic intentions. You've admitted that. Stop beating around the god damn bush.
    I repeat; I'll see you in six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Actually, I am quite calm thank you.

But the point is you have romantic intentions. You've admitted that. Stop beating around the god damn bush.
    I repeat; I'll see you in six months.
    If you say you are, that's all that matters. I just take it that when someone has a shitty attitude, they aren't. Earlier in this thread you stated "This is why I give up on the human race, if anybody cares to know", I feel the same way about your attitude. There's no reason to be crappy towards people, never got anybody anywhere. And if you think it does, well then you're missing out on something I and others like to call "the positive life".

Ok then, we will see you later with an update. Best of luck to you.

If you say you are, that's all that matters. I just take it that when someone has a shitty attitude, they aren't. Earlier in this thread you stated "This is why I give up on the human race, if anybody cares to know", I feel the same way about your attitude. There's no reason to be crappy towards people, never got anybody anywhere. And if you think it does, well then you're missing out on something I and others like to call "the positive life".
    Lmfao Forgive me for not believing everything is made out of unicorns and rainbows. But I'll be sure to drop your opinion in the suggestion box. Speaking of shitty attitudes, I find yours and your attitude towards relationships absolutely despicable.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by Rowen; 03-02-14 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Lmfao Forgive me for not believing everything is made out of unicorns and rainbows. But I'll be sure to drop your opinion in the suggestion box. Speaking of shitty attitudes, I find yours and your attitude towards relationships absolutely despicable.
    Have a wonderful day.
    hey I'm just saying what's the point in living if all you're ever gonna do is talk shit to people. You don't need to have a "unicorns and rainbows" attitude to not do that. The world's not black & white. But I mean if you don't like life, you could leave. there are plenty of other planets with no people or any forms of life. :p
    Last edited by maverick29; 03-02-14 at 04:32 PM.

hey I'm just saying what's the point in living if all you're ever gonna do is talk shit to people. You don't need to have a "unicorns and rainbows" attitude to not do that. The world's not black & white. But I mean if you don't like life, you could leave. there are plenty of other planets with no people or any forms of life. :p
    One step step ahead of you. I'm working on acquiring Jupiter's moon Titan from the UN.
    As for "talking shit" if you bother to take a look at a lot of my other posts, you'll see that I offer constructive advice. I just don't think highly of people who take relationships for granted.

Rowen here is the thing - "relationships" can take on many forms.
    It doesn't always have to be monogamous. Monogamy is a failing game.
    Maybe Maverick isn't seeking a mono type thing.

I know like in my case, I am dating this lady and I have even whined to her about some guy not showing up.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    Rowen here is the thing - "relationships" can take on many forms.
    It doesn't always have to be monogamous. Monogamy is a failing game.
    Maybe Maverick isn't seeking a mono type thing.

I know like in my case, I am dating this lady and I have even whined to her about some guy not showing up.
    First of all, monogamy is not a failing game. Second, whatever happened to respect for relationships? If she's with this guy, someone else should not be trying to date her. Have you considered how her boyfriend might feel? Relationships should be between two people- not many more than that because when you add someone else's heart to the equation, things get way more ****ing complicated than they need to be.

How do you know this boyfriend wouldn't be thinking she's being faithful?

Putting aside the useless rantings from others who seem more bent on getting attention on themselves ... whatever happened to the 'coffee date' or whatever you did with her?

Whoops almost forgot to respond here—I had the coffee date yesterday (Thursday), I think it went decent.. paid for her coffee then we talked for about an hour & 15. I tend not be a very talkative with people I don't know very well unfortunately...but I tried my best to keep the conversation flowing, though there were definitely a number of short awkward silences. she picked up most of those times with conversation though I got a few and tried to keep the conversation balanced, asking questions and talking myself. At the end she did however kinda mention that we should do it again sometime, I guess that's definitely good she said that, because I thought I was definitely more shy/awkward than her and didn't know if she'd even want a second date, so I still trying to figure out what to do next

Gee, i dont know ! Maybe call her and ask her out!?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Gee, i dont know ! Maybe call her and ask her out!?
    well yeah, I guess I'm dragging my feet. would this weekend be too soon (like Saturday evening, which is tomorrow)?

Sure, why not? I'd say just don't start second-guessing yourself or thinking you have to play some sort of "waiting' game, as some might advise ... or 'cat and mouse' thing ... at least not yet ... you could perhaps do that later, to spice things up with her.

By the way, do a search on something like, "How to have a great conversation" for ideas. I just pulled this up: www wikihow com/Have-a-Great-Conversation.

Probably your best purpose or intention at this point is to try to enjoy her company and make it so she enjoys yours, and don't over-analyze it all. Chill out, as they say.

well yeah, I guess I'm dragging my feet. would this weekend be too soon (like Saturday evening, which is tomorrow)?
    No its not too soon. If I girl like you, she wants you to call her and ask her out. What part of this aren't' you understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    No its not too soon. If I girl like you, she wants you to call her and ask her out. What part of this aren't' you understanding?
    I was only asking if it's too soon man, chill out. I know I'm over-analyzing but I've no experience, that's why I started the thread in the first place. simply wanted to know if it was too early, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Can_I_be_wiser? View Post
    Sure, why not? I'd say just don't start second-guessing yourself or thinking you have to play some sort of "waiting' game, as some might advise ... or 'cat and mouse' thing ... at least not yet ... you could perhaps do that later, to spice things up with her.

By the way, do a search on something like, "How to have a great conversation" for ideas. I just pulled this up: www wikihow com/Have-a-Great-Conversation.

Probably your best purpose or intention at this point is to try to enjoy her company and make it so she enjoys yours, and don't over-analyze it all. Chill out, as they say.
    Yeah I'm definitely (as I just said) over-analyzing and second-guessing myself/worrying whether she'd want to go out or not. thanks for the info! I'm gonna contact her soon and I'll reply back here what's up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast