+ Follow This Topic

Thread: was i reading it all wrong?

was i reading it all wrong?

Hey guys

I was hoping to get some male perspective here as i am so confused about what i have been reading from this guy.
    I started crushing on this guy at work. We had a xmas party and we seemed to have hit it off well, he was very interested in me and even grabbed my number. Afterwards while at work we would catch each others eyes and hold the gaze and act nervous around each other. I also started messaging him every so often and he would flirt along with me but he would never initiate a text message first. Ive invited him casually once and he changed his mind three times about it, in the end he cancelled. Also asked if i could call him once and he said he would see me at work. But at work he was passing attention to me, greeting me and looking into my eyes like he was attracted or drawn to me. I noticed a few other things with his body language that were positive and i started to think that maybe there is something there. Finally i got the courage to text him and ask if he wanted to have a drink with me and he replied very quickly saying thank you for the invitation but he would like to keep work at work. I feel like a fool. And so confused. How was i reading it all wrong? What does it mean when that happens even though the opposite was true? Is there a chance that if i wasn't working there he would be keen or he is just no interested and that's it?

Thanks,
    Ez

He probably has a GF. It was tempting for him but he later thought better of it. You never know at the time of the party their relationship was rocky. Or he is involved in a LDR. Anyways just let it go. No sesne in worrying about a guy that is unavailable.
    Last edited by smackie9; 09-01-14 at 06:33 AM.

Hi Smackie9,

Thanks for your reply. I should mention that he did he broke up with gf a few months ago so i knew he was single.

Sorry ezzy but I suspect he is has reconciled with his ex. 2 months isn't long enough to get over someone.....sounds like you were a rebound flirtation. That would explain everything about his behavior.

I bet money on it.....
    Last edited by smackie9; 10-01-14 at 06:41 AM.

Even if he hasn't got back with his ex, he's just not interested in anything right now - Still getting over the relationship.

I'm quite flirty, but that's as far as i get if I'm not ready yet.

Thanks guys!

His body language still confuses me! Notice he raises his eyebrows when he sees me. Although he keeps conversations very short.. still don't have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He probably has a GF.
    *ding ding ding*

Smackie nailed it. He's got a GF or wife. He's a cheater, you should just ignore him. Cheaters cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    *ding ding ding*

Smackie nailed it. He's got a GF or wife. He's a cheater, you should just ignore him. Cheaters cheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezzy View Post
    Hi Smackie9,

Thanks for your reply. I should mention that he did he broke up with gf a few months ago so i knew he was single.
    Sorry but he isn't married, but I have a feeling he is back with his ex, or is trying to get back with her.

I'm thinking he does find you attractive but he has a gf. If he was single he wouldn't be opposed to a drink after work if he's looking at you in a way that makes you feel like he's attracted to you. Stupid question, you said you texted him, so you have exchanged numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by just2nice View Post
    I'm thinking he does find you attractive but he has a gf. If he was single he wouldn't be opposed to a drink after work if he's looking at you in a way that makes you feel like he's attracted to you. Stupid question, you said you texted him, so you have exchanged numbers?
    Hi, thanks for your answer. Yeah he took my number at the xmas party. Asked what my full name was and everything.. still gives me the quick eyebrow raise which i am finding annoying now, as if he is stirring me. But doesn't make conversations with me. Its very once special. "how are you" (me), "ok" (him)...

I'd say he is/was attracted to you but is likely in another committed relationship and he has decided that he likes that more then risking a potential relationship with you.

The "keep work at work" statement is as blunt as it gets.

You were not reading the signals wrong, he was flirting with you, but once it came down to it he doesn't want to break up with the other woman.