+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men, am I reading this guy wrong?

Men, am I reading this guy wrong?

I met a man online almost a year ago and in the past few months we have become close. We are very different. He is somewhat anti-marriage and never wanted children. Recently he told me he is comfortable with those ideas when he thinks about it with me. However, he's a total flake. Often isn't online when he says he will be, etc. I asked him why his actions don't back up his words and he said he's having a time being torn between 2 worlds. One of his friends ad his beliefs and the other of me. He has said he's not just looking for an online fling with me but he fills me with anxiety because he is such a flake.

Is he just playing with me like a toy or is it possible he really is experiencing some cognitive dissonance? And how should I proceed?

Move on and date guys locally.

^^^ ;-)

I'd say the latter, happens to me a lot. Tell him it bothers you and ask him to keep his word. If he can't/won't over a reasonable time, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Helene View Post
    I He has said he's not just looking for an online fling with me but he fills me with anxiety because he is such a flake.
    that anxiety you're feeling is your gut trying to tell you something. Have you even met this guy? If you have, have you ever been to his home?

You "met" this guy a year ago. If he wasn't playing you, you'd not have your gut screaming at you to be wary. You knew that though and that is why this thread exists. Don't ignore your intuition.

I think you should know him more.

Don't waste your time on someone who doesn't make you a priority in their life. If he was truly interested and wanted to make it work his actions would show it. He can say he see's a future with you or that he is into you but if he is a flake confront him about it. If your met with excuses move on.