+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my first number... need a little advice!

Just replying back what's up: secured a date for next weekend, probably gonna do something more engaging like bowling (that way the conversation will flow easier with an activity to take the focus off any 'dry spells').

May or may not fall on Valentine's Day-if it does, I don't think it's a bother. Just another day on the calendar imo.

Okay, and if you're still wondering if she has a boyfriend ... don't ask ... my guess is that was a defensive ploy ... and she'll probably bring up anyway ... as she feels more comfortable with you. If you have read up on some of the 'great conversation' tips, I would imagine it'll go fine. If it is indeed on Feb 14 ... I suppose you could ask her what she thinks about the day. Matters a lot to some; matters little to some others.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    I kind of want to beat the shit out of this guy.
    because beating people proves something. no actually it doesn't, just that you can inflict pain because you don't know how to deal with life, only to hate. I can't imagine why you'd take every little thing someone says for face value, I know life would be constant sorrow if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Can_I_be_wiser? View Post
    Okay, and if you're still wondering if she has a boyfriend ... don't ask ... my guess is that was a defensive ploy ... and she'll probably bring up anyway ... as she feels more comfortable with you. If you have read up on some of the 'great conversation' tips, I would imagine it'll go fine. If it is indeed on Feb 14 ... I suppose you could ask her what she thinks about the day. Matters a lot to some; matters little to some others.
    exactly! she said to her friend that her current situation isn't official, as I stated in the first post. I also had another person say what you said-she said it as a defensive ploy so that she can easily say no to something past a coffee date if she wants to. And yeah, I read up some but I think having something to do rather than just sitting around will take a lot of the conversational strain off anyways, I was just real shy and nervous the first meeting. Now we know each other a little I think the second date (or first official actual date) will go a lot better. as for Valentine's day, I left her the decision on what day to choose, just told her I'm open that whole weekend.

Perfect! And, yes, I agree ... having an activity to do with her will mix it up, so you both don't end up looking down at your hands wondering what to say next. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick29 View Post
    I was only asking if it's too soon man, chill out. I know I'm over-analyzing but I've no experience, that's why I started the thread in the first place. simply wanted to know if it was too early, that's it.
    Chill out? im simply asking you what part of this dont you get?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123