+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An offended girl..

An offended girl..

Hello ladies, here's a stupid one:
    So there's this girl that I fancy, she goes to the same lectures as I do, she's easy to comunicate to and very forthcoming. The problem is, I've fancied her for a while and we kind of managed to get to know eachother last year, but during the summer my life fell apart and continued to crumble bit by bit for the next many months right up until not long ago and during that time I was such a mess, that I didn't want to let anynone close to me. I literally became a puffer fish, a spikey one. And as a result I brushed her off and started ignoring her.
    Yes, throw rotten tomatoes. I realize that it was childish and immature of me, so here's my question: Is there any way to make up for what discomfort or unpleasant feelings I have caused her? If there is, what should I do?
    I'd like to get back the "something" that we shared, but doesn't seem like walking up to her and asking for forgiveness would make any sense.

You've only got one viable option - be honest and forthright. Tell her exactly what happened, apologize and say that you'd like to reconnect.

It's a slim chance, but it sounds like it's important to you, so it's worth a shot.

If there was chemistry then, and she's still single, then you've got to go for it. Living with regrets is silly. I know that I'd appreciate any man that had the balls to tell me how he felt, even after a not so great first time around. Go for it. Facebook message her or text her to start if that makes you feel more comfortable. Either way, be honest. Women appreciate vulnerability in men sometimes.

Then I'll just have to get my bearings, find the right moment and apologise to her face to face. What happens - happens and it's not like I'll come out as a loser, I am currently positioned last, but if it works out, I might just win.
    Thank you everyone!