+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know if I can take this anymore ;(

I feel for you, I was in a 3 year relationship that ended with her pushing me away.. No matter how hard I tried I was only postponing the inevitable. She has clearly lost all interest in a relationship and is only staying for convenience. I suggest breaking up before you dig deeper.

You have to show her your worth. That means let her miss you a bit. Find some fun stuff to do without her. Remind her why she wanted to be with you to begin with.

Frankly, she also sounds like the type of person who will NEVER be happy. She'll pretend to be happy for a while, maybe even think she's happy for a while, then just sabotage her own happiness. You don't need that. Everybody deserves to be happy, so don't like somebody ruin your happiness because they are always miserable even when they have no reason.

If you don't end it, she'll probably keep you around until she finds some other guy, then she'll end it with you. She'll think she's oh so happy with this new guy until time passes and she just treats him like crap too. Bottom line is being with somebody like her is not healthy. As others have pointed out, you already tried living together and that didn't work out well. How is there any future in that? Eventually, the goal in any happy relationship would be to get married and spend the rest of your lives together, right? How are you going to do that if she can't stand living with you full time? That is HER problem, not yours. You need to get rid of her and find somebody who will only grow more and more excited to be with you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Frankly, she also sounds like the type of person who will NEVER be happy. She'll pretend to be happy for a while, maybe even think she's happy for a while, then just sabotage her own happiness. You don't need that. Everybody deserves to be happy, so don't let somebody ruin your happiness because they are always miserable even when they have no reason.
    Yeah this sounds like her in a nutshell. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    If you don't end it, she'll probably keep you around until she finds some other guy, then she'll end it with you. She'll think she's oh so happy with this new guy until time passes and she just treats him like crap too. Bottom line is being with somebody like her is not healthy. As others have pointed out, you already tried living together and that didn't work out well. How is there any future in that? Eventually, the goal in any happy relationship would be to get married and spend the rest of your lives together, right? How are you going to do that if she can't stand living with you full time? That is HER problem, not yours. You need to get rid of her and find somebody who will only grow more and more excited to be with you. Good luck.
    You are so right. It's okay, I don't want anything to do with her anymore. She has given me enough heartache for no particular reason, just because she can basically and she enjoys it.

Thank you so much for everyone who spoke up in this thread. I didn't want to but I needed to hear it. She is a nasty, cruel and horrible person. Tbh I don't know why anyone would want to be with someone like this. Although anyone can hardly be blamed, she doesn't show her true colors for about 6 months. I'm done with her!
    Last edited by tremendosdamage; 05-06-14 at 07:16 AM.

Good for you :-). Keep us updated if you like. I think you're doing the right thing and you'll be so much happier.

I'm going to be blunt, cut her out of your life. You don't need someone that doesn't care about you and from everything you are saying, she doesn't. Don't even bother telling her your breaking up, it seems as if she already treats you like an ex bf as is. Heck go out and change your cell number as well. Go out on the town, get a good dinner, have some drink, flirt with someone at the bar.

Forget about her and do it as fast as you can
    And do NOT look back.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Good for you :-). Keep us updated if you like.
    Sure thing. That would be good. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by countrysailor View Post
    Heck go out and change your cell number as well. Go out on the town, get a good dinner, have some drink, flirt with someone at the bar.

Forget about her and do it as fast as you can
    And do NOT look back.
    Great advice! :-)

Trust me, I know how you feel. And I think a lot of us can relate to having a hard time giving up on the person you used to know (or think you knew, anyway). You think back to when things were good and wonder why you can't get back to that, and you kind of hold on hoping there is something you can do to get back there.

But, the fact of the matter is that just won't happen. Sure, most relationships have their tough times, but what you describe is not a "tough time." That is the other thing that is sometimes hard to realize when you are the one in the situation. It is too easy to just convince yourself "Oh, we are just going through a rough patch. If we can get through this, we will come out of this stronger."

This is very different. Even in a "rough patch" there are still glimmers of hope. Rays of sunshine poking through the clouds. Something telling you that it is worth continuing to fight the good fight. In this case, this woman obviously has no appreciation for you, and no intention of giving you the respect you deserve. So, why let her treat you that way? Let her be somebody else's problem.

Good luck, my friend. I hope you some day find somebody who will truly make you happy, and who will be happy just being with you. Though, if I can give you some advice from a guy who has been through a very similar situation to yours.... take some time for yourself first.

I did just that, and have grown and strengthened as a person more in this short time than I have in my whole life. I've found happiness in myself, which has helped me to finally recently start trying to get back into the dating world, armed with the fact that I am happy whether I have somebody or not. I'd really LIKE to have a girlfriend, but I don't NEED one. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find that same strength in yourself.

YOU ARE WITH THE WRONG GIRL.......

don't buy a house with her and get out while you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12