+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend did not acknowledge my birthday today - should I be upset?

lalalita Guest
    Is he active on Facebook? Or one of those people who barely posts anything?

For real? Okay, here goes for real: the guy has given him a gift days before her birthday. He actually told her HPD in advance. Now you can argue that he didn't mention it on the actual birthday, but you may not know how tiring the training was, if he's stressed or something like that.

Anyways, you can ask him about it if you wish, but try not to be harsh and be a b*** about it like "WHY DID YOU NOT WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU A**HOLE". Sometimes I forgot my family members' birthday and they don't get upset about it. I even forget my own name day. It's not a big deal, really!

Thoughts?
    Fvckfacebook is the bane of existence. If you want him to change his status then ask him to, luv. Its that simple and if he won't and that's a red flag to you then you have some thinking to do on how much you think he values you and if that value is enough for you to continue on with him.

He's wished you a happy birthday already so I'll not even comment on that. He's in the Navy and he's on call.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think that if I were you, I wouldn't be upset because of how important his job is... But that's also because I don't really make a big deal out of birthdays either. If it does upset you, maybe try talking to him about it?

I'd be upset - but then again, I was upset when an ex (who I was still friends with) didn't contact me on my birthday! it's nice that your boyfriend at least remembered before he left. Why don't you just bring up your birthday in conversation, say it was good or bad or just tell him what you got up to. He'll probably feel really bad that he forgot (or maybe he thinks that giving you a pressie before he left makes up for it?) Guys aren't good at remembering dates or anniversaries, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12