+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do guys like love notes?

Do guys like love notes?

I see my boyfriend every weekend and whenever he leaves, I always slip a silly little note in his car, computer case, or stuck in his wallet to find later. Do guys actually like this sort of thing or will my continued gesture annoy him? He doesn't say he finds them but he will tell me if I ask. Usually they are funny or just me showing appreciation for a good weekend. Thoughts?

I would think it is very sweet. I would appreciate you more for doing it.

I think well done by you going that extra step, but not good on him for not acknowledging the notes when he finds them with a text telling you thank you or love you.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

I think to acknowledge as a guy that is a nice thing to do, leaving a nice note. It's not something I would love to receive, although I would appreciate it. I dunno, I think guys are more physical; I would like something more like getting woken up by my girlfriend with her coming on to me, ie kissing me then us having a quickie, or her wearing something sexy; like lingerie etc. That sort of thing is more of an action, and would be more effective than thinking of what to write on a note.

I think you as a woman are thinking what you would like, and are projecting thinking leaving a note is something a guy would like.. I hope that makes sense. I nay eventually find continual note leaving annoying, he may find it that way, hence making out he cant always see the notes. Also, you asking 'did you get my note' is a bit needy (apoligies if you dont actually do that lol, am trying to quickly reply in between work)

So basically I as a guy would prefer something physical, like getting a massage, getting woken up by a kiss or horny girlfriend, and for my girlfriend to say 'I had an awesome weekend, you are so good to me, I wanted to reward you'

I think you should not consider all men as liking anything. Some would like it, others would be embarassed by it or even indifferent.

I think the key is to not make it so routine. If you're doing it too much, even those that gush over it wouldn't think it very special if they start to take them (the notes) for granted.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

occasionally it would be nice to get, if snuck in somewhere and catches you by surprise. most i know would do that through a text in the day or night saying thinking of you.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake