+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don’t understand men

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think they relate differently to other males than they do females. Besides, what I notice is that a lot of men in their 30s and 40s still act like they are in their 20s... no evolution as far as personal development goes. I mean, you expect certain behaviors out of 20-somethings, and it's kind of adorable, but those same behaviors aren't adorable for a man 20 years older.

Anyway, obviously I am not talking about ALL men. Just a lot of them.
    Well, I agree a lot of men behave the same when they are in their 40's or their 20's

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The other thing I notice about men is that they seem to become increasingly "romantic" in their relationship perspectives, and less practical, which is odd since most of the women I know started out romantic and idealistic, but became more practical with age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women make no sense to me. Don't you all have lives? Can't you find some way to keep yourselves occupied on the occasional weekend? Do you really need to spend every possible moment with your boyfriend, and if he decides to go off and do his thing do you really need to send pissy texts and leave idiotic messages on his cell? Speaking of, don't you have something better to do at night other than call your boyfriends?

I might actually almost be capable of handling some kind of love life if I didn't feel like every goddamn female on this ****ing PLANET was smothering me. It's like the moment a penis enters your vagina you abandon all your friends and hobbies and become obsessed. Oh my god. I wish I were asexual.
    Last edited by Gribble; 01-08-10 at 10:57 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Women make no sense to me. Don't you all have lives? Can't you find some way to keep yourselves occupied on the occasional weekend? Do you really need to spend every possible moment with your boyfriend, and if he decides to go off and do his thing do you really need to send pissy texts and leave idiotic messages on his cell? Speaking of, don't you have something better to do at night other than call your boyfriends?

I might actually almost be capable of handling some kind of love life if I didn't feel like every goddamn female on this ****ing PLANET was smothering me. It's like the moment a penis enters your vagina you abandon all your friends and hobbies and become obsessed. Oh my god. I wish I were asexual.
    See? This is what I mean. Females start out this way, and men evolve in to it when women have evolved out of it.

(Well, lots of men, anyway.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How about a concrete example of something about men, or a man your age would do that you don't understand?

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. I always thought that the generalization is that women are complicated and men are simple-minded. I think Indireloaded summed it up with full bellies and empty balls, but like Gribble says, we need a little time and space to ourselves for the other things in life that we love. I think men also prefer women who are more laid back with less emotions, but at the same time, still have a heart as well as a small taste for typical romance; women who use direct language and a rational mindset.

I actually recently read a book about men called The Manipulated Man. I think it's quite popular - if you have time for reading, definitely look that one up.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here's a solution: Older men, swoon those younger chicks. Older women, get ****ed silly by us younger guys. Win-win.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

doppel i just started to read that book the manipulated man, its so funny-and a woman wrote the book! she makes out that women are lazy and don't want to think for themselves and that men are their financial slaves. i agree that some women are like that and they do look for men to support them, but men are definitely not as simple as this woman makes out. i can't honestly take this woman's opinion seriously. she's obviously looking for the approval of men by writing about women like that.

gribble i do think you are right about some women not having a weekend off, i find more and more as time has gone on that all my women friends are content not meeting up and going out anymore all just because they have a husband or bf. to me it makes no sense. i have one friend who that before she met her now bf was always calling to hang out and i now haven;t seen her maybe once within 8 months. to me that is excessive.

but getting back to the fact that men my age are difficult; it's like they think they are smarter and decide to play games. i don;t know, do we have to teach men about simple manners?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

You must be retarded, to not understand the simplest sex of species on the face of the planet.

Eco, if you don't understand men, then you also don't undertsand women and if you don't understand neither men nor women then I doubt there are many other things in life that you do understand. I don't for a second think you have that little intellifence, I just think you worded your post incorrectly. What you meant to say was that you don't understand certain arrogant individuals who are incompatible to you (though it doesn't have the same ring to it, does it). As do ALL of us. That's normal, it's nothing to freak out about.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I think it depends on the person you pick. I always tend to go after intelligent women with their own careers and interests. I like when a woman challenges my opinion and doesn't just do something because I ask. I mean I'd like an equal.

I've dated younger and older women. There really isn't a difference. I think the biggest difference is older women are far more jaded. They don't believe that I may actually just be a nice guy....I must always have an agenda which ends in me finding my way in their pants. And of course I do want in their pants but that isn't all I'm working for....I want a relationship and that does mean sex because a healthy relationship has a sex....but there is more than just that.

Truly though I don't mind spending a lot of time with my gf. I like the idea of when a relationship gets to the point that you can walk in another room and do your own thing while they do something else in the other room. Its not a huge deal to be in the same house with a person. But I'm a homebody anyways...I only keep about 3 friends and most of the time they will come over and watch some football or play some video games and thats the extent of my social life really. Maybe every other week or so we will go out to a bar or catch a show....but even then usually whoever I'm seeing comes along and that is fine....I don't know...I guess I've just never felt smothered. If I need to get away then I walk away for awhile.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This all just reinforces the notion that I'm a lucky motherf*cker.

Guys your own age are always going to be difficult because women are more mature. When you date a younger guy they think they've hit the jackpot and an older man appreciates you more because they have more experience. A guy the same age as you is going to have a maturity of a guy at least five years younger.
    Been there! (csdtogether.blogspot.com)

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Been there! View Post
    A guy the same age as you is going to have a maturity of a guy at least five years younger.
    What does that even mean?

Generations X and Y'ers as a whole are 5 years less mature than the previous generations. Men and women alike.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    That’s all.

I find that younger men are so much easier to handle as well as older men, but men my age are so frikin difficult…does anyone else have this problem? do men your own age just seem to be so difficult? tell me please..
    i never understood you either, but i still find you incredibly hot!!

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i never understood you either, but i still find you incredibly hot!!

raverboy
    If you understood her. You'd have boobs too.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast