+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GF just broke up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by harrier View Post
    Yeah, I now realise that it will be really hard to get over her as I will always have someone to compare future girls against. Whereas before I had never had a girlfriend so there was no benchmark.
    And this girl I had was a real catch, even my mates tell me, she was very pretty and had the kind of personality I would go for in a girl. I'm worried that I will not be able to find a girl even half as nice as her. I'm also worried that if I get a new girl in the future I will always compare her to my first girl.
    Lower your standards a bit. You have to watch out for really good looking girls, they are trouble. Ask anyone. I say go for average with a good personality. Someone that is low-maintenance. I try to go for average with a silly personality because that is most like me and I know they won't have a lot of baggage.

If you don't believe me about watching out for really good looking girls, watch "The Audition (1999)". It will freak you out.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Right, I just got a text from her this second. She asked how my interview went (this was a job interview I had a few days back that she knew about) and said she still wants to be friends and that she hopes I don't hate her for breaking up with me.

I'm fighting the temptation to reply!

freshluv, what are these certain things that I can do to get her back then?

Online Advice and Methods

Very good advice.. I had a hard time forgetting my ex girlfriend, but after having read online forums on advice and checking out different methods I must say that I am on my way and ready to go and try to find a date. I would recommend methods such as Cybertronic Therapy ( [url]http://www.cybertronictherapy.com[/url] ) or hyponosis..

Oh, by the way, I was just thinking about your post saying that she was a real catch. If she was a real catch, you guys would still be together. Do you always believe everything people tell you? To hell what your friends say, she doesn't sound to me like a catch to me at all. She sounds more like a fish that was thrown back into the sea.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I replied to her text four days after I received it, only mentioned the interview and nothing else though. She hasn't replied.

Stop texting her! lol. Find someone else to text. Of course she's not going to reply right away or not at all.

Mate, it was one message and that's it! I'm not going to send her any more or contact her untill she gets back here.

Ok, good, you're doing the right thing then. Don't contact her ever.

What if she is taking the same steps as me and is holding back from making contact? We will never speak again and ruin any chance of getting back together.

Ok, you're obviously not getting what I'm trying to convey. Listen, the point of a break up is to sever contact. I say the same thing on everyone's post that says they broke up, they miss their gf, blablablabla. You're not going to get back together. Even if you do, it would be foolish because the same thing is going to happen.

Why the hell can't you meet another girl? Listen, I've been in your shoes. I thought I could get her, but it's not worth it. I never thought I would meet anyone. WRONG! I've met other girls who I thought were awesome and I still think this one girl who I am about to date is awesome.

She's not taking the same steps as you. You are falling right into her trap so she can play you like a fiddle. Do you really want to be used? It seems that from your posts, you will do anything to get her back. You sound like a desperate moron. STOP IT! You are better than that. Have some pride. All you are doing is making your hole deeper. Why don't you stop thinking about her, take a ladder and get yourself out of this hole that you dug yourself into.

I know it sucks. I know you feel depressed. I know you wish everything could have worked out. You need to face the truth and it's an ugly truth. She doesn't want you back or she would still be with you now.

I know that you are going to get all defensive, and tell me that I'm wrong and I'm full of shit. I'm trying to help you because I don't want you to make the same mistakes I have made because I don't want you to face that kind of depression. I wouldn't want my worst enemies to face that kind of depression. It sucks a lot. Find a different girl. You can do it. Once you do, you will forget all about her. Trust me. Go have some fun. =)

I hate to tell you. But that one text message you sent her was all it took. Now, she has you in her trap. So, if I were you, I would bite yourself out of this trap that you got caught in as soon as possible. You are basically a mouse that went for the cheese and got your tail (in this case your dick) stuck in the mouse trap, and I'm claiming it back and telling you to find cheese that's not in a trap.
    Last edited by Raze; 07-08-09 at 01:27 AM.

I don't think you're full of shit at all. In fact I thank you for being honest and telling it like it is.

So if she got back and told me she made a mistake and she wants to get back together then you're saying I would be a dick for getting back with her.

Also, when you talk about being used, how do you mean? Used for what?
    Last edited by harrier; 07-08-09 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harrier View Post
    I don't think you're full of shit at all. In fact I thank you for being honest and telling it like it is.

So if she got back and told me she made a mistake and she wants to get back together then you're saying I would be a dick for getting back with her.

Also, when you talk about being used, how do you mean? Used for what?
    You wouldn't be a dick, you would be moron.

She would use for relational security until she finds another guy and then break up with you again. Then if the guy doesn't work out, she will come back to you until she finds another guy so on and so forth. Get what I'm saying? It's not good. I know you might think she's innocent, but she isn't. It's going to happen. I'm just warning you now and giving you a heads up.

Thanks for all your advice mate, I appreciate it.

I will continue with the no contact thing but I will have to see her when she gets back as I need to return something to her and I still want an explanation face to face rather than over the phone.

I think you are right harrier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast