+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: snowboarding. continued.

anachronistic Guest
    Nothing quite like strapping your feet to a board and maneuvering uncontrollably down a snowy mother****in mountain.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oooh you're a brave girl Miso, good for you.

I ski but I won't snowboard. Hubby did it a few times years ago for something different. It was funny (& a bit scary) watching him bash the back of his head on the snow (boing, boing, boing) when his ass got too sore to fall down on.

Look our little guy skiing this holiday, btw. Its makes me ill how well the little buggers get so good so quickly. He just sat his little butt down on the skis on the steeper parts of the slope & stood up once he slowed down again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Nothing quite like strapping your feet to a board and maneuvering uncontrollably down a snowy mother****in mountain.
    so true. mountains are so amazing. they are the ultimate challenge. i absolutely love being near them. i am so lost without mountains.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Oooh you're a brave girl Miso, good for you.

I ski but I won't snowboard. Hubby did it a few times years ago for something different. It was funny (& a bit scary) watching him bash the back of his head on the snow (boing, boing, boing) when his ass got too sore to fall down on.

Look our little guy skiing this holiday, btw. Its makes me ill how well the little buggers get so good so quickly. He just sat his little butt down on the skis on the steeper parts of the slope & stood up once he slowed down again, lol.
    i know i'm so jealous of those little ones. they are so good. if i ever have kids, they're going to learn to do all kinds of stuff.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Skiing is easier than snowboarding but you get more speed

anachronistic Guest
    Man, I want to go snowboarding right now! Hey, shouldn't I be drunk after 5 beers in 1 hour?

surely most have heard about the guys who got lost in wolf creek...

[url]http://www.koat.com/news/15040257/detail.html?rss=alb&psp=news[/url]

i feel so bad for those guys and their family. it's doesn't look good for them. mountains are to be respected. you go off a trail even for a minute, all of a sudden you start looking around and you don't know which way is which. oh man that shit is so scary. i've gotten lost in the mountains before in the summer, i ran out of water. i don't even know how i got off the trail. i was with sabrina. we both got heat stroke pretty bad and we were only lost for maybe two hours.

that was probably the most terrifying two hours of my life.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, they just called off a search for a man missing in our local mountains, too. For some reason, this seems to be a particularly popular year to be getting lost in the mountains. I've seen a number of these cases already this year.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, I got all worried about those guys, especially when they said on the news that one of the guys was named Mike. Guess it's not THE Mikey.

Misombra, go out and get some effing wrist guards. What the hell are you thinking?
    Spammer Spanker

lol i need wrist guards and knee pads.

my knees are blue!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

my knees are blue!
    I am going to start the nastiest rumor about your blue knees....
    Spammer Spanker

go ahead it would probably increase my popularity!

I had a dream I went skiing the other night... I miss the slopes so bad.

As for snowboarding, it's all about the physics of weight distribution. You want your motions to be fluid as you are carving so you spend as little time on the bottom of the board as possible - ride the rails. Gain momentum on the edges of the board so you can stay straight then gradually flatten out, swing the back of the board in the appropriate direction (slowly), and begin to shift your weight toward the appropriate rail again.

When I was first learning I thought about it constantly until I had a dream where it finally "clicked" and I knew I had figured out how to carve. Be the board...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess you all heard about the boy over the holiday who was recovered from that avalanche (in CO)? That kids father must have been freaking. Amazing how normal the boy seems afterward--despite 30 min w/o oxygen! I think there should be more research done into preventing brain damage using cold, obviously must be something to it. Or mbe combined with being immediately knocked out (as he must've been)?

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    I had a dream I went skiing the other night... I miss the slopes so bad.

As for snowboarding, it's all about the physics of weight distribution. You want your motions to be fluid as you are carving so you spend as little time on the bottom of the board as possible - ride the rails. Gain momentum on the edges of the board so you can stay straight then gradually flatten out, swing the back of the board in the appropriate direction (slowly), and begin to shift your weight toward the appropriate rail again.

When I was first learning I thought about it constantly until I had a dream where it finally "clicked" and I knew I had figured out how to carve. Be the board...
    yeah the carving. that is hard. and at first it takes so much effort to ride the edge. i've figured out (kind of) how to use my back leg to steer. i'm having trouble with the speed. you know you start going to fast and you think you're out of control. i can pull my left leg around to the right (i ride regular ways) and go back to riding the front edge. so i'm getting how to stop. i just start going to fast and i make myself fall because i don't have the confidence to go down fast yet.

that's what i'll have to work on next time. confidence and riding the back edge.

(my ass heard that btw and it's very unhappy.)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast