+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious... are you for dead sentence or not

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am not in favor of the death penalty. It is barbaric. I don't care about whether or not the criminal is rehabilitated, either. As just a matter of practicality, and it costs more to execute than it does to keep one alive in prison. Besides, I think it is morally corrupting to the society that allows it, particularly since it is so unfairly applied. I favor life with no parole.

That being said, I am not personally upset by Tookie's death. He was a bastard who organized a gang that is responsible for thousands of murders in Losa Angeles and across the country. I would have been more upset had that Texas woman that killed her kids, but was schizophrenic gotten the death penalty.

I heard about that woman in Canada, too, Frenchie. That was a heinous crime. I wish she would have rotted in jail along with her husband.

Tone Guest
    Don't have to worry about that shh! - one was black, one was white - we all know which one got the death penalty and which one wouldn't.

Interesting how the media slants the stories. First Tookie is portrayed as this harmless, frail old man wearing a withered away blue button shirt, glasses and a homely face. Then, all of a sudden, when the Governator rejects his final appeal, and its clear that he is worm food, they show pictures of him from 30 years ago all gangster, braided hair, sporting his gang color.

Tookie never really changed. Sure he wrote some cute kid books. BUT he REFUSED to help law enforcement solve ANY gang related crimes. That means everything not one murder, theft, not even a simple case of vandalism. Tookie didn't change...he just played good for HIS benefit when he was in the joint.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ...and never did he apologize for murdering his victims...
    Last edited by vashti; 14-12-05 at 11:51 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm all for the death sentence.

I will not deny however, that the current system is seriously flawed.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm pretty much back and forth on the death penalty. I don't know if I think it's the easy way out necessarily because sometimes they don't want to die but I think I also think you should ahve things done to you that you did to other people. For instance a child molester not only should have his wee wee cut off but also get violated prison style by many bubba's.

I don't believe we as tax payers, should have to support the things the prisoners NEED while in there, such as tv's and stuff like that. I think they should have all things taken away from them. I mean they form gangs and crap in there just like they do on teh streets so to them it's no differnet except they can't walk to the store for a beer.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

It's not even clear if the death penalty even works to pursuade people from comitting further crime. Death penalty is effective in US, but it has done little to discourage high crime rate. But then again, crime rate in Saudi Arabia (Where Death penalty is in effect as well) is kept at minimal levels. Maybe the crime rate is dictated more by the system and the processes involved within the administration itself.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    But then again, crime rate in Saudi Arabia (Where Death penalty is in effect as well) is kept at minimal levels. Maybe the crime rate is dictated more by the system and the processes involved within the administration itself.
    However, in Saudia Arabia, the punishment for lesser crimes at any level is alomost as harsh. There are not as many robberies there because if you steal they cut off your hand. You are most likely subject to physical punishment there, and people fear that the most.

Maybe we need to start beating our prisoners, and yes, taking away their tv's and libraries and internet. Maybe after one trip to the joint, they'd be less inclined to want to return there. And the word would spread. Maybe these so called 'barbaric' countries have the right idea. Make the idea of prison the scariest thing ever, and no one will want to risk going there.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I don't believe in the death penalty. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (I've always wanted to say that here - and I did it withing context - yay). Anyways, I'm not for the death penalty.

For example. A guy in Tampa will face the death penalty for kidnaping, raping, and murdering a teen. He was sentenced recently. The victims parents did NOT want the death penalty, WHY?

Because, criminals in jail do not like child molesters at all. And once word gets out what he's in for, the criminals KILL him in jail - often violently. And that's what the parents want. This stuff happens. Criminals are put in jail, where it is KNOWN they will be killed by other inmates because of a particular crime, such as what this guy did.

I'm not for the death penalty - it's a little too medievel for me. I believe in life in prison - without the possibility of parole. Now THAT'S punishment. It's NOT the easy way out.

My 2 cents.

Hehehe, Rsk.

You think that killing by legal system is medieval, but killing by inmates is very modern? Isn't that still kinda of eye for an eye?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Hehehe, Rsk.

You think that killing by legal system is medieval, but killing by inmates is very modern? Isn't that still kinda of eye for an eye?
    actually, no.

Killing by the Legal System means, it is something 'ALLOWED'. End of Story.

Killing by inmates will NEVER be justified/allowed. However, it will ALWAYS occur under certain situations (like the type I described).

A LEGAL death penalty means we support it - medievel for me.

An illegal killing by an inmate - is HIS choice. Not ours.

Interesting Theory RSK

I understand what you are saying. You are for increased chances of torture and death of the catalyst in the wilderness rather than by execution by the legal system. Kind of like insead of cutting of his head, put him in the cage full of hungry wolves and see what happens?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The TVs etc. in prison are not merely for the entertainment of the prisoners, Rosebud. It serves as the opiate of the population and makes the prisoners easier for the guards to control. Given absolutely nothing to do, prisoners will riot and take guards hostage, as you frequently hear about in South America.

Interesting Theory RSK

I understand what you are saying. You are for increased chances of torture and death of the catalyst in the wilderness rather than by execution by the legal system. Kind of like insead of cutting of his head, put him in the cage full of hungry wolves and see what happens?
    that's it

now you got my point

i REALLY am not for the death penalty

Frenchmaid----I agree with the Death Penalty.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast