+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure where to start or what to think

MrMusics - I'm the exact same way. I have a few close friends that I am comfortable being around but if there is someone new that joins in I completely shut down. I too find it hard to talk people I don't know. This is something that I struggle with daily. Someone suggested that I take an interpersonal communication class - personally I don't know how a class is going to help but who knows. Anyways, don't give up!

I think that you are in a great position to find people who are likeable. Music is in my opinion the greatest thing on earth, I'm only 16 and I know that I want to teach highschool music, and I play 5 instruments (and I am getting a sax in a week so soon to be 6). I have met a countless amount of wonderful people through music and I will tell you this: do not be afraid of them. They're not out to get you. I understand your position; without going into detail I was kicked out of my group of popular friends and decided I wanted to join band again. It was the greatest decision I ever made. I guess what I'm trying to say is go out and share your music with the real world, not the internet. Interact with people. Play guitar in a jazz group. I wouldn't suggest playing rock or metal, however, the musical process of creating and playing the music is more around looks and public appeal than sound (not always true of course). But do not be afraid to go out and play with some new people, remember that you are not being judged, and by doing this, you will gain relationship skills.

I agree, the best thing to meet new people and be social is with your hobbies, you'll feel comfortable and with confidence Believe me that helps a lot! Also i can see you are a good person, i'm sure you have lots of things to share and people will like you. Just go out and meet people, that's the only way.. But most important, you need to have confidence and a good attitude , because it seems you are not helping yourself either, remember no one can do it but yourself. Good luck

Well that'd be difficult now to get involved in things in uni right now, I've been very bitter for the last year and this first semester o the second year and I've made a very crappy impression :/

Quote Originally Posted by MrMusics View Post
    Well that'd be difficult now to get involved in things in uni right now, I've been very bitter for the last year and this first semester o the second year and I've made a very crappy impression :/
    No offense but you're making excuses which further enable you to recluse yourself.
    You have many hobbies. Keep going for it until you meet someone. It's a number's game.
    Your odds will never improve IF you don't consistently make an effort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12