+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italian/Spanish/French

i'm italian, and spanish is very similar as phonetics, i don't now about conjunction, in the future i would learn it

i speak French , spanish and english . I live in MONTREAL , wich is in quebec ( its the city with most ppl that speak english in quebec , a french province (state) ) . So i'm spanish , i was taught french in school since i was 4 y old and i learned english by watching lots of TV in my childhood.

So about spanish, its know as the most romantic language , its quite simple to learn and to write BUT the spanish from spain IS different than the one in south america and the one learned in the US ... so be warned ... many times a word will have LOTS of meanings depending on the sentence . also , its VERY similar to french and english ( after all english and french were based on spanish to create their own languages ...kinda like all the languages are based on Latin and ancient Greek). So similar words like example ; S; carro E; Car F; auto ( also know in quebec in as {Charr}) so see its kinda similar ... but mostly to french i would say ...

Now french... VERY difficult language , the vocabulary is the most precise in the world and EVERY year theres words that are added to the language . The spelling and conjuction ... will give you headaches with all the rules and crap you have to know . ALSO * The french in Canada IS NOT the same as the one in France and not the same as the one in african countries * . Here in Canada , the french is way more smooth and we have this accent thats not so *gay* as the one from france , its ALOT more rough . while the one in france is faster , more uppity and sounds alot more for faggets ( everyone here in quebec says that ) BTW french is NOT spoken ALL over Canada , JUST in the province of Quebec , altho you might still see some french places over the rest of canada .

Italian , the funky cousin of spanish , VERY similar to spanish , i would say that if you know your spanish 100 % well , then you know your italian at about 85% . the difference is mostly the end of the words and also the pronounciation ... buts its still a great language and i plan to learn it in the future ... because i find italian woman to be highly attractive ( even tho Europeans and south americans dislike each othe... ahh well ...after all , latinos ARE a mix of europeans AND in my case , Mayans ( the ORIGINAL owners of most countries in south america . )
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 17-08-05 at 04:47 AM.

hmmm.. that is very, very interesting about english and french based on spanish to create their own languages.. very, very, very interesting indeed..

very interesting indeed...
    "Ogres are like onions."

Hm. I just want to get this all done while im young. I don't want to t leave it until im around my 20's.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

i like latin..

it makes learning both spanish and french so much easier, maybe it will make italian easier too, since latin is from rome.... too bad you can't speak it.. that would be fun.

german, eecchh.. tough one..

kiechi... french... africa, spoken quite a bit... spanish, south america, and a part of the united states... italian.. italy... german, germany..
    Last edited by artyemi; 17-08-05 at 04:59 AM.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Somewhat random comment: Portuguese is also very similar to castellian (random comment 1.1: castellian is what most people refer to as "spanish" because it's the most popular language of Spain..even though there's plenty of others..catalan being another close relative). Anyway, I'd say the same thing about castellian as compared to portuguese as castellian as compared to italian..if you know one, you know 85% of the other.

something about catalan and castellian was mentioned in l'auberge espagnole, i think..
    "Ogres are like onions."

what's a "l'auberge espagnole" ??

it's a movie.. the spanish hostel. took part in spain. he met a girl (who turns out to be a lesbian) and he was able to speak with her because she also sspoke castellian and no catalan. they were both having a tough time because others there spoke catalan
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12