+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should i pay half, or more?

Tell him to pay more or no ass.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

It sounds like you two shouldn't move in together yet. Forget the house, and get two apartments. Once he proves that he can be a responsible adult and at least support himself (and it sounds like it will be a while before that happens), THEN talk about moving in together. Right now he is looking for a free ride and you're about to give it to him. If you really want this to last then you need to realize that going along with his plan will destroy the relationship. I mainly say that because he will respect you less since he will knowingly be using you and you'll resent him quickly. Get two apartments, let him see what the world of an adult is really like, and if he can handle it proceed with a move in.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

that's true, you know it better than anybody else this isnt going to be good if u support him all by yourself. From my own experience, living with you will make him feel worse about himself plus the money stuffs, u WILL NOT be able to say word because it would be you who is earning more talking down to him and he will feel you look down on him too.
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I just don't understand why it is expected that a man should pay at least half, but not expected from a woman to pay at least half. Our society has outlived the feminist propaganda, economy is equal for both sides.
    Three reasons, at least in the U.S., although one is quickly becoming a non-factor:

1. Women live longer, so they need to make their money last longer.
    2. Women are expected to take some time out from their careers to have children.
    3. Women earn at least 15% less than their equally-qualified, equally-experienced colleagues, though some of that can be blamed on #2 above.

However, women in the U.S. are closing that gap now, because they are earning 60% of the college degrees, including advanced degrees. One recent study found that young professional women in big American cities are now earning an average of 6% more than their male colleagues.

Also, women in our society are still judged first and foremost by appearance, so they are expected to spend extra money on make-up and clothing.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

That's interesting data that supports why women should be paid equally and how they are changing the trends, but I don't think that any of it points to why finances shouldn't be somewhere around 50/50 in committed relationships. If women are men's equals that means money too.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    idk where you are living boobaa but the US is by no means equal when it comes to men and women.

And he is mooching off of her, and that is quite despicable if he's already living at her parents house. Get rid of him, people might say money shouldn't b a factor but when you're in a relationship but when you're trying to take the next step forward this kind of guy is not right for you. And how much more money do you make than him? In comparison, rent and bills are much more expensive than food, and a tv. So after he pays for the tv, he'll only pay for food? Sounds like bullsh*t to me!
    I live in Europe, and thread starter lives in Europe. Place where things are normal. You can not base everything around a ****in A. I am basing my opinion around MY culture and MY experience, as in EUROPE, just like you are basing your opinion on your experience and your culture, get it?

USA, a place of unequality, misunderstandings, misconceptions, religious **** ups, useless propaganda and over consumerism. This place should be bombed.

Discuss.
    Last edited by boobaa; 02-10-10 at 03:37 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

What crawled up his asshole? The Russians must be taking over Estonia again.

A man has a right to decide whatever he wants. If he want the woman to pay more, this must be, its the decision of powerful masculine behaviour, accept that, its very manly.
    If this is the kind of shit they say in europe than I'm so glad I live in the US.

If this is the kind of shit they say in europe than I'm so glad I live in the US.
    No, you see, in EUROPE, things are NORMAL, and MEN are VERY MANLY and women KNOW THEIR PLACE. USA should be BOMBED. Get it?

Haha. boobaa, you are a ****ing nutcase.

It is called sarcasm.

Discuss.
    Don't expect anything.

A man who cannot take care of himself and cannot afford rent is a boy, not a man. Take the relationship equation out of it. If you two were roommates would it make sense for you to pay more because you earn more? No. He's taking advantage of you.

The question is: Are you ok with dating a kept man? Assume he's not going to change, buy paying more rent you are setting up the relationship where you pay for things for the rest of your lives.

Does he cook for you? Does he clean? He f*cking better. If you are taking on the role of the traditional man and taking care of him financially than he better be taking on the role of a traditional woman.
    Last edited by LailaK; 03-10-10 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    That is not what they say in Europe and it is no man who says such a thing but a child.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    A man who cannot take care of himself and cannot afford rent is a boy, not a man.
    There is nothing wrong with living with family as long as no requests are made for one and the other to begin support of one another. The way I see it is money doesn't even matter till their are kids and marriage is involved till then...pay for your own shit and I pay for mine.

Makes me laugh what some consider the line between a boy and a man to be. I find it that the best way to tell is from the way the character behaves and not what he has, owns, or has done.

It is called sarcasm.

Discuss.
    Ha, I like how he condescendingly says "discuss" after his silly comments. As if he's a professor or some shit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast