+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I tell her my feelings even though she's already in relationship?

If you tell her and you remain just friends, what happens to your feelings? Do they simply go away or do they remain?

It basically comes down to could you swallow your feelings of wanting her as more than a friend in order to remain her friend? If you can, than by all means do it. Usually it ends badly because it's very difficult to swallow those feelings or push them aside.

If you choose to tell a woman who is in a relationship that you have feelings for her, come prepared with a 'terms of agreement' style explanation of 'what this means' to your friendship. That will make it a whole lot easier.
    You need to be clear on what you want, what you are willing to risk, and what you'll settle for, and you need to make that all clear an a very nice and succinct way.
    I suggest a casual: 'Look, I know you are in a relationship, and I (do/don't) expect this will change that, but I have romantic feelings towards you that I (can/can't) manage if we stay friends. Ultimately, I'd (rather/rather not) continue spending as much time together as we do, considering. Now that you are enlightened to the situation, I'm hoping you are not feeling too uncomfortable, and I'm here if you want to talk about it.'
    Then, whilst, still dropping a bomb on the friendship, you're not expecting her to sort through the rubble on her own.
    Good Luck!
    “Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”

― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Okay good luck being on your own watching her marry someone else in 5years.. thats what will happen if you continue this way.
    Yup, but I think it will end at when we move to other cities to study in few years and I will meet tons of new people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How's that working for you so far, Slick?

Google "Ladder Theory" and educate yourself. You're wasting valuable dating years being women's male girlfriend.
    It's you again... Am I wasting my valuable dating years if I'm being friends with other males? Should I date them as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pseudosooz View Post
    If you choose to tell a woman who is in a relationship that you have feelings for her, come prepared with a 'terms of agreement' style explanation of 'what this means' to your friendship. That will make it a whole lot easier.
    You need to be clear on what you want, what you are willing to risk, and what you'll settle for, and you need to make that all clear an a very nice and succinct way.
    I suggest a casual: 'Look, I know you are in a relationship, and I (do/don't) expect this will change that, but I have romantic feelings towards you that I (can/can't) manage if we stay friends. Ultimately, I'd (rather/rather not) continue spending as much time together as we do, considering. Now that you are enlightened to the situation, I'm hoping you are not feeling too uncomfortable, and I'm here if you want to talk about it.'
    Then, whilst, still dropping a bomb on the friendship, you're not expecting her to sort through the rubble on her own.
    Good Luck!
    Thank you for some real advises. Well, at least advises that I feel help me. It's actually too late now, as you saw in my other thread (What is she thinking about me), but I really appreciate all the replies I'm getting, even though I sound like I'm against most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinglol View Post
    Yup, but I think it will end at when we move to other cities to study in few years and I will meet tons of new people.
    Well, don't make yourself a male girlfriend to any of the new girls you meet that you find interesting... instead ask them out on a date and get to know them romantically as you become friends after making it clear to them that you don't want to be a male girlfriend but rather a boyfriend of the romantic kind. Notice the word "friend" is also in "boyfriend." You can be both to some nice chica if you don't keep picking girls who are with someone already and instead distance yourself from them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

It's you again... Am I wasting my valuable dating years if I'm being friends with other males? Should I date them as well?
    Don't be obtuse. Its unattractive. You can go out and do activities and hang with your male friends while you DATE WOMEN. You don't need to be platonic friends with women who you then allow yourself to become vulnerable to which opens up you getting feelings for them. Unfortunately more times then not, the girl has already friend zoned you at that point and you're going to have a very hard, if not impossible journey trying to win them over romantically at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for some real advises. Well, at least advises that I feel help me. It's actually too late now, as you saw in my other thread (What is she thinking about me), but I really appreciate all the replies I'm getting, even though I sound like I'm against most of them.
    Its not valuable advice if its too late coming. It's also not advise that will stop this kind of thing from happening to you again in the future if you don't change up your beta ways and instill some alpha tendencies in your interactions with women.

Like I said... hows your way working for you so far, Slick?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If you like her and message her a lot, she's probably noticed that you like her. And she hasn't allowed things to progress and now has a new boyfriend. She's not into you, sorry to say. If it makes you feel better though, go ahead and proclaim your feelings for her. I don't see a huge problem with that, but I don't think she's likely to reciprocate the feelings. But life is short. Go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12