+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staying a Virgin?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Virginity is nothing special.

Seriously, it means nothing more than that one is inexperienced.

No offence but I wouldn't really want to date a virgin, I'd feel awkward like I'd have to tell the guy what to do in bed. Not that I have that problem anymore. =]

But if I fell in love with a guy that was a virgin I wouldn't dump his ass just because he was a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what I'd do if I were you? If you're worried a girl won't want you because you're a virgin, don't even tell her. Stop dropping subtle hints that you are a virgin. When she's ready for sex lie down and let her get on top. Take notes.

Exactly, then if she laughs at your in-exprience in bed just put it down to your nervous-ness.

JOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    it really depends on how you act. if you brag about it, they won't like it.
    If I'm asked, I'll answer. But otherwise I don't see any point in bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    If (and I stress *IF*)there is any discomfort about your being a virgin, it probably has more to do with questioning your ability to perform or maybe your sexual orientation.
    Hmm. I don't think it's about orientation, a girl can tell pretty fast if a guy is gay I think. Questioning ability to perform... what should it matter, if I don't want to sleep with them? Or is that the problem? Sexually active girls want guys that are just trying to get in bed with them? Maybe that is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentWinter View Post
    I'm just kinda wondering what the perception is by girls of a guy that's a virgin... I mean, is it seen as uptight? Or what? Or doesn't it matter? It seems like it does... girls can tell somehow it seems like? If you are not friends with them to sleep with them, what should it matter? Is my situation unusual?
    I'm a girl, and I could care less. Actually, as a virgin myself, I'd be really relieved! I'm not religious at all.

My best friend, who is quite experienced, dated a guy who was a virgin and very inexperienced. She liked it, and was impressed that he valued it. She'd still be dating him if he hadn't been killed in a car accident 6 months into their relationship, they were quite serious.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentWinter View Post
    Hmm. I don't think it's about orientation, a girl can tell pretty fast if a guy is gay I think. Questioning ability to perform... what should it matter, if I don't want to sleep with them? Or is that the problem? Sexually active girls want guys that are just trying to get in bed with them? Maybe that is the problem?
    I assumed you were talking about girls you'd be dating. They would probably care if you were unable to achieve an erection or maintain one during sex because that would obviously affect *their* sex life.

Girls you aren't dating - your virginity status shouldn't matter to them, nor is it any of their business.

I used to work in West Hollywood in the advertising industry, both of which attract a VERY large gay population, and let me tell you - you can't always tell. Anyway, I don't think your sexual orientation would be a question for long..
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for all of your input. I guess it's not as big a deal to girls as one might think. Maybe if I just show I'm not shy about the subject, that may relieve any tension. But then, I just moved, maybe the girls will be different here.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Some girls will be put off by your virginity status, but the kind of girl you are looking for will appreciate it. I assume you are religious; I suggest you check out religious girls.

BTW - almost all relationships end painfully. If you are not willing to risk experiencing pain, you will die alone (and a virgin). That would be really sad.
    Why is that sad? I think its great--the guy ought to be given a medal (and several hundred thousand dollars) for not polluting the planet with more human beings

And, btw...if you get married...get used to experiencing pain. Most wives are not a "risk"...they are a guarantee of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Why is that sad? I think its great--the guy ought to be given a medal (and several hundred thousand dollars) for not polluting the planet with more human beings
    Amen to that shit.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So wheres my money? I could care less about the medal part.

yup, also I know an early-20s virgin guy who's not religious at all. He goes to a party, girls fall all over him. it's not lack of opportunity.

girls going after a quick lay probably wont want a virgin. but you don't want them anyway!

girls who fall in love with you-- what they think about your virginity status is irrelevant because they will love you either way, if they truly do.

my personal opinion? non-religious virgins are hot. If I could've chosen, I'd have preferred that my bf had been one. But since I love him, I don't care about that. you see?
    the type of girl you're looking for is the type who'd even feel valued by the fact that you saved it and are choosing her to give it to.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just really don't see the appeal of virgins anymore.

It's such a silly social status.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast