I have not had any close female friends before this one (i work with her) and she is very special to me. About 7 months ago i told her that i was interested in her in more than just a friends sort of way. anyway it turned out it was not reciprocated. I found this very difficult because of the kind of feelings i had developed for her. She has been very understanding, tolerant and supportive of me when it would have been easy to "run and hide", and this kind of reinforced why i developed those feelings to begin with, i still think she is amazing.

I have accepted that things will never be the way i want them to be (however the reasons i developed those feeling for her are still there after all she hasn't changed as a person). I know this because i am able to talk openly to her about the whole situation post telling her my feelings which i haven't been able to do until recently.

She is leaving in a week and i don't know how things are going to pan out given i won't be seeing her every work day, i don't want to lose her as a friend, but not seeing her as often as i do now i am afraid that it will be the case . The thing is i don't know if she has any intention of staying in touch because i know i have valued the friendship more than she has. What should i do?