+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I accept an open relationship??

Quote Originally Posted by MuMu View Post
    I spoke with her briefly today and now it appears that I took the open relationship the wrong way. We'll talk more later tonight about this but now it's as if I got this whole situation wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply's.

Or did you think that we would go "Yeah open relationships are so 2009 you should definitely do it."

Of course the majority of people will not agree with open relationships. It is fraught with WAY too many problems & issues. I think what you need to do is let her go. If she loves you then she will come back. If not then it wasn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MuMu View Post
    She feels like I'm such a good man for accepting this. And if I don't I'm not being understanding of her feelings.

This is deffinently not what I want but I can't help it, I don't want to come off as a mean guy and selfish.
    Sorry, I didn't read all of the replies, but the above sounds VERY manipulative. You are not understanding her feelings? What is she doing to understand YOUR feelings that you are not comfortable with this? Don't be so ready to roll over for her on this, it's a very important issue which will affect your entire relationship.

Be prepared to walk away if there's no deal.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would go for it. If it wasn't for STDs I'd make all my relationships open
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I would go for it. If it wasn't for STDs I'd make all my relationships open
    Marital relationships, too?

MuMu - I think you should consider breaking off with her for 6 months or so. Give her a chance to explore other areas and see if she really wants you. It is better she do this before you propose, or god forbid, get married. I warn you though, she may not come back, so I'd suggest you take that time to explore other options, too. If in 6 months you find you both still want each other, then you can re-establish your relationship and eventually propose.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You want to get engaged and she wants an "open" relationship. Open relationship = open legs. Do NOT propose to someone who is letting some other guy into her cookie jar.

You should break up with her and tell her to come back when she's ready to get serious.
    I'm definitely agreeing with my homegirl on this one. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and if you dont necessarily agree with me, or the majority of this thread, then I would suggest you try it out.

Only you know whats best for you. If you feel like you love this girl enough, and you can look past the fact that she desires an open relationship, then by all means, dive in head first.

You can see yourself - and I suppose thats why you started this thread - that this could be a potentially dangerous situation. We're talking possible STD's here or maybe even worst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12