+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddest video I think I have ever seen.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    (except for the killing and shooting part jaysus!)
    Haha, if someone tries to beat you up for no reason that's how you deal with it. Bullies aren't just assholes - they are idiots. Or sadistic. And fuccked up in the head. The vast majority of people are good. The vast majority of people do not deserve to be bullied or intimidated, and the vast majority of people have no reason to be involved with such people, and the vast majority of bullies have no reason to do what they do

There is no middle ground when dealing with people who think it's OK to hurt you
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 16-03-09 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    The problem is that killing idiot assholes is illegal. I can remember I use to take shit in middle school and early high school... the thought of people treating me like that now is laughable

Kids are discouraged from fighting back, which is a serious problem. It leads to depression and a sense of helplessness. I think kids who are bullied should be encouraged to fight back
    I use to get teased when I was younger, but if you ever retaliated you got in deep shit with the school. I did snap one day and knocked a kids two front teeth out...no one bothered me after that.

We always deny natural consequences....for what reason I may never know.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I use to get teased when I was younger, but if you ever retaliated you got in deep shit with the school. I did snap one day and knocked a kids two front teeth out...no one bothered me after that.
    That's exactly how it works too, it's so messed up. My little sister is still in high school and I get furious just thinking about the possibility of someone giving her a hard time, I ask her if anyone ever does and she says no but I don't know if she would tell me 100%

Kids are discouraged from fighting back, which is a serious problem. It leads to depression and a sense of helplessness. I think kids who are bullied should be encouraged to fight back

Children learn the basic concepts.... physically standing up to a bully in school translates to emotionally/mentally standing up the the bullies at work... Turning the other cheek doesn't work when you're being sexually harassed... Turning the other cheek doesn't work when your neighbor threatens you with a lawsuit...

Whoever came up with 'ignore the bully' was an idiot... you don't ignore the bully --- you take steps to make yourself too much hassle to be a target.

I went to a country school for a few years in Elementary school... and I remember two older boys arguing in the hallway... I had watched these boys over time... clearly one was bullying the other since the school year began. Well the bully had finally pushed him too far and he wasn't going to take it anymore... So after the bully punched him, he waylaid on him... it was near insanity how hard he punched the bully... The teachers heard the commotion and much to my surprise, they didn't stop the fight... Even the principle was there... Instead, they let the fight continue on for about a minute or so... there was a crowd of kids all around. When it seemed the boy being bullied was getting the upper hand, that's when they broke up the fight. From then on, the boy wasn't bullied, most of the school saw the fight, and everyone agreed the bully had his ass kicked. It was a really nice school, very peaceful. Fights were few and far between.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was in elementary school some kids used to pick on me. They'd push me around and threaten me. Stuff like that.

I told the teacher who in turn told the bullies to cut it out. Yeah, that did a lot of good. Next day they were up to their old tricks.

So I beat the shit out of them.

I got suspended and couldn't return to school until my parents spoke to the principal.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

^^ did they continue to pick on you after that?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not biting that. There's enough misery in this world. Focus on the positive.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i remember my younger brother was getting picked on by an older kid and he told my older brother who had left the school but had pull with the students and got a group of guys older than the bully to surround the bully in the toilets and intimidate and probably more (i don't know) but that guy NEVER bothered my younger brother again. it needs to be done
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I'm sorry but I don't see how being spoiled can make you weaken your coping skills. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

well basically if one is protected too much (in a protective bubble) it means that they will never be able to cope when issues other people have make an impact (unnecessarily) on the lives of people who don't deserve hassle all just coz someone wants to feel better about themselves. the people who grow up thinking that they must comply with rules even tho it makes them miserable, in most cases there is no excuse for a bully but in a lot more cases there is no excuse for parents to cushion kids to the point that they can't see how to cope with what life throws at them such as bullies, they are everywhere and i say fck the rules in that case
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 16-03-09 at 10:08 AM.

Even if a child isn't protected as much doesn't mean that they are stronger though. The parenting (to me) wouldn't have anything to do with what hurts your feelings and what depresses you.

i've stood up to more than a few bullies and tbh loved every second of it

That's exactly how it works too, it's so messed up. My little sister is still in high school and I get furious just thinking about the possibility of someone giving her a hard time, I ask her if anyone ever does and she says no but I don't know if she would tell me 100%
    I feel the same exact way. I think my younger brother wouldnt tell me if he was being bullied. If I found out about it only God knows what I would do, but I doubt it would be nice.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

coco it does mean that they are stronger, it really does mean that, thats life whether you want to believe it or not

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The saddest video I saw was when a home aquarium was filled with puppies and then water filled up to the top and they all drowned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast