+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless. Pbbt.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is it so wrong to hand that homeless man a sandwich and something to drink instead?

You didn't put them on the streets but you're helping to keep them there. Despicable.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Keeping them there ? Yes, by kicking them out of your office you got her off the steets. Well done, you are a hero. I suppose you think she is just lazy and won't get a job ?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you read or do you just ejaculate whatever wild assumption gets your wormy little dick stiff?

I offered her a taxi ride to a homeless shelter. I even offered to get her food. She wanted neither. She wanted to sit in our lobby and she wanted cash.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Whatever, was Joe the Plumber there ?

You buy her food once the food runs out. You give her money she can buy food, maybe shower, find a place to stay and get a job.

The reason we're taking offense is because of your heartless attitude despite the terrible economic conditions (or do you deny those too ?) in the USA. Almost like you are proud of being tough on the lazy homeless who won't go an get jobs.

The problem with you Americans is that you NEVER ever say what you mean, it is also contained in these hidden little messages that you need to pry at continuously to get at the truth.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    BG does not read. He pulls whatever out of the paragraph and twists its context.

While I don't think describing it as "I threw a homeless woman out of my office and into the cold and the snow" is the best way of putting it, I understand you were explaining some kind of "tough love."

Gribs just said he offered her several options to SURVIVE, a taxi ride and shelter. I don't know how it is in Australia, but in Cali and Maryland, homeless people will do what they can to get that instant gratification.

It's down right stupid to think that if I give a homeless person money, they'll use it towards food or shelter.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

BG does not read. He pulls whatever out of the paragraph and twists its context.
    It's called reading between the lines.

Who to say she won't use the taxi to go to a drug den ?!?!? or sell the food to buy more drugs !?!?!?! Those homeless women will be the downfall of us all.

Ok Gribble, I am sorry, this thread has a very good point and the message is clear. You are a hero for what you have done today. You have almost single handedly solved the homeless problem in the USA. If everyone just stopped giving them money they'd all gets jobs, buy houses, and become hard working middle classed American citizens with networth, high pay and a good future. Just like the majority of Americans. What a terrific fable.

Hey Gribs,

[url]http://www.news.com.au/rudd-losing-the-fight-on-homeless-100000-need-shelter/story-e6frfkp9-1225815393490?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss[/url]

I'm gonna **** up those homeless next time I see them. Mother****ers. Too lazy to get jobs. There are opportunities out there, these people make me sick. **** the homeless.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, at least BG's got a friend now. Happy New Year!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    In Australia (and UK apparently) there is a magazine sold by homeless people. Half of the profit goes to the publishers and the other half to the vendor selling it on the streets. I always buy it to reward the effort they take to help themselves out and dig themselves from the hole they are in. The magazine is full of true stories of how regular people become homeless. Weather it entire family being hit by a car or their house burning down that wasn't insured, it makes it a lot easier to understand how quickly a person can become just like them given a certain situation and how different the world looks from that other side of the fence. They are not all drug addicts spending everything they get on the next hit.
    They have this in some US cities as well. I remember "Spare Change" from Boston.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spare_Change[/url]

I always offer something to a homeless person that approaches me. Never money, but I have given jobs, and offered a choice from my groceries. Some accept, many don't. Their choice.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I always offer something to a homeless person that approaches me. Never money, but I have given jobs, and offered a choice from my groceries. Some accept, many don't. Their choice.
    But they'll all take money, won't they? I refuse to give fish but I'll pass along a rod.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some dude had the nerve to ask me why I wouldn't give him money.

I just told him because it was my money and kept walking.

How is it that illegal latinos can come into this country and make more money than the black people born and raised here?

Nobody is keeping them down but themselves.

No pity from me.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    its called the 'big issue' the newspaper they sell in the uk.

I feel so sorry for homeless people, there are a small minority of them that dont want to change their lives, but most of them are spending the money on surviving from one day to the next.
    I personnally would rather give money to them, and hope they spend it on food/a wash whatever rather than not give them anything at all. If i walk past a homeless person and dont give anything, i feel guilty all day
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    I personally would rather give money to them, and hope they spend it on food/a wash whatever rather than not give them anything at all.
    People who actually study this and work for the services that help out homeless say that a mush larger majority of those in need DO spend the money on the things they need.

I'm with you, Gribble caught onto this lady, but the majority really do need a helping hand.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast