+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dont know what's in his mind, need advice

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, I agree that quitting ones job in this economy probably isn't the optimal solution. The job market is just as tough in Canada as the US in many places.

I suspect tho, her boss is going to make her life miserable in more ways than just this. He sounds unstable. So, rather than outright quitting, I suggest the OP definitely be applying elsewhere as an 'in case'. 'Luck favours the prepared' and such.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yes finding gainful employment elsewhere before things go bad and one gets the shaft. I know that the western provinces are doing very well....unless you live in Manitoba (ew what a shit hole that is)

nsf is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I am just a temporary worker here in canada and not easy for me to find job. He is going to help me to have my permanent resident status here in canada thru the job he was offering me (he offered me and accepted the job before everything happened). I came already to my mind of quitting because I don't wanna get more attach with him and don't wanna have an impression of I am taking advantage the situation, but honestly i need this job to support my immigration paper.

Here it goes again.....important "key" information that doesn't make it into the original post, which would have changed the advice given. If you don't tell us what we need to know we can't help you.

This guy is an opportunist. He knows your desperation and pretty much is going to use that in order to "take advantage" of you. Worst case scenario, you possibly are heading into dangerous territory....... have you thrown into the sex trade, and hold your passport hostage.

Users Country Flag
    he is nice to me though in so many ways and wasn't fell into him because of the job he was offering me and of the help he is extending to me.. I like him the way he is, honestly I felt more than like and I am afraid of my feeling.

Where are you from?

Users Country Flag
    philippines

Anyways, you are not getting my message. Nice men can be a wolf in sheep's clothing, meaning he convinces you that he is honest, and nice to trick you, to con you, to trap you into a bad situation. So don't let your feelings lure you into a false sense of security with this guy....he could very well be a very bad man.

Users Country Flag
    finally I decided not to accept the job offer. I texted him 'I hope you don't mind if I will not be working with you anymore because I found new employer just around here calgary that offers me a job and will help me with my immigrant status. He replied 'np...if u still need any help as I promised to you, I would. But even though ur not working with me I still want to see u and go out with u again.' I said 'We are far, ur in edmonton and I am in calgary' he said 'there's always a way' and I stop replying

Users Country Flag
    indeed, I should get rid of this guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12