+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attractiveness..

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Another silly thread. Should women be insulted that their men only settled out of deseration, when they really are more attracted to the latest celebrity, too?
    Men don't settle; we guys are more willing to overlook physical flaws and care about the girls' personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaru View Post
    Dating someone you find attractive isn't always as horrible as it's made out to be. You aren't really supposed to be attracted to someone who has horrible hygiene and an extra 100 pounds on them, they aren't healthy and it's a turn off. If you're referring to those people who will only pick the absolute most attractive partners, don't worry about them so much.
    Exactly. Which I have to accept as this is why I don't get dates so I guess I can't any longer be disappointed by it; it's just a fact.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never made a judgement about someone based on looks. In fact, I'm somewhat inclined to distrust a guy that is 'too good looking', especially if it comes with a cocky attitude.

This is for a relationship, mind. Hot sex only is different. Who cares if they are smart like tractor then? I haven't tried it, but I imagine its much easier to get rid of a dumb guy than a smart one.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Exactly. Which I have to accept as this is why I don't get dates so I guess I can't any longer be disappointed by it; it's just a fact.
    No, not really. The things I named are perfectly logical traits to dislike in a person. Bad hygiene isn't an incurable disease, you just have to brush your teeth, floss, shower, comb your hair, things an adult should already be doing. If you're overweight, you need to lose weight, not to find a partner but to be healthy just for yourself. There's a certain level of pride everyone should take in their appearance. Some are more concerned than others but there are basic targets that everyone should aim for. Being clean and healthy are two of them.

You can't look at dating logically. Slobs and guys who reek of BO are way more successful than I am; sometimes I think being a drug dealer is a better life than the one I live now.

Being healthy and clean are all I have/

I very much doubt men who don't shower or brush their teeth are successful, those are the first ones I avoid. I can't really give you any detailed advice because I don't know your backstory but I can't imagine it being as bad as you think it is. I get the feeling you were hurt and your reaction has been anger/bitterness which makes it difficult to find a new person but that's just a guess.

Yep; try 7 going on 8 years of the most embarrassing failures you can possibly imagine. Well, 4 of those years I tried. After that, it just became pretty obvious..

Responding to those "failures" by making harsh generalizations about the opposite sex is a major turn off for most women though. And really, it's not just a problem men have, women have trouble, too. You're obviously smart and if you're decently good looking, all you have to do is work on the anger.

I may be new to the site and have no idea who you are. But to respond to the topic, yes. I would be insulted. Looks may not be everything but I can see the other side too. Looks do matter, but its the the complete end all.

If the other person loves everything about you, but hates your look and they feel it is necessary to end it. Then end it. It may be their fault that they put so much judgement on looks, but that's not my or anyone else's problem. It's their problem. Maybe they will end up with a handsome or beautiful person only to be treated like crap.

That does not mean it won't hurt my feelings if someone does that. A lonely person would only feel much more lonely if that happened. But, you just have to move on. If you wallow in something like this it will only make the next new date harder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12