+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory on Male Attractiveness

Theory on Male Attractiveness

Well this thread is for all you men out there who are wondering what exactly it is that makes woman go for men, and to all the ladies out there you are more than welcome to scrutinise this thread, and make alterations. Well this is what makes men attractive to woman from my perspective and past experiences.

It seems to me that attraction seems to be increased with male with lack of availability, alot of guys give it their all to try to be with certain beautiful woman, and as a result come across as wanting to be with them. This is in my opinion a turn off because very few people seem to want what is readily available to them.

If men take a somewhat cocky attitude and act as if the woman they are with are out of their league, and do not show and sort of attraction to them, does this increase a woman's desire for that man? I think that it does because it tells a woman three things:

1. That you are dominant and in control.
    2. That she would have to compete for your attention.
    3. That unlike alot of other guys you do not want to be with her, you are a challenge.

It is this lack of want for the woman you are with that acts as a turn on because quite plainly and simply we all want what we cannot have.

This would explain why alot of woman tend to go out with alot of men whom the "nice guys" consider to be jerks. Because these jerks do not seem to care whether they are with or without this woman, unlike the "nice guys" who would bend over backwards for them.

Feedback is most appreciated!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree, on my own behalf, because there is no bigger turn off for me than a guy who acts like he thinks he's 'out of my league', whatever that is. As far as I'm concerned, if he has that attitude, he's out of MINE.

I don't want to have to compete, I want him to think I'm the greatest girl he's ever going to be with and I want him to treat me like a queen. But hey, maybe that's just me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Well this thread is for all you men out there who are wondering what exactly it is that makes woman go for men, and to all the ladies out there you are more than welcome to scrutinise this thread, and make alterations. Well this is what makes men attractive to woman from my perspective and past experiences.

It seems to me that attraction seems to be increased with male with lack of availability, alot of guys give it their all to try to be with certain beautiful woman, and as a result come across as wanting to be with them. This is in my opinion a turn off because very few people seem to want what is readily available to them.

If men take a somewhat cocky attitude and act as if the woman they are with are out of their league, and do not show and sort of attraction to them, does this increase a woman's desire for that man? I think that it does because it tells a woman three things:

1. That you are dominant and in control.
    2. That she would have to compete for your attention.
    3. That unlike alot of other guys you do not want to be with her, you are a challenge.

It is this lack of want for the woman you are with that acts as a turn on because quite plainly and simply we all want what we cannot have.

This would explain why alot of woman tend to go out with alot of men whom the "nice guys" consider to be jerks. Because these jerks do not seem to care whether they are with or without this woman, unlike the "nice guys" who would bend over backwards for them.

Feedback is most appreciated!

It's nothin' I haven't heard before, so it's not original.

But I will give you points for posting something still not everybody knows.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    I want him to think I'm the greatest girl he's ever going to be with and I want him to treat me like a queen. But hey, maybe that's just me.
    Sorry summer but, it's probably just you.

If it wasn't, then all those sad and lonely guys would probably be happily married.

Stupid ass theory. No awards for you. Believe it or not ...girls are people too. They differ in want and what they need and are looking for. If all you see is hot girls with dumb guys and have to make up a theory like this then..are you sure your not just talking about the stupid blondes( some brunettes can count too).
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Sorry summer but, it's probably just you.

If it wasn't, then all those sad and lonely guys would probably be happily married.
    Yikes. Is that a bad thing? Me not wanting cocky egotistic guys?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree, on my own behalf, because there is no bigger turn off for me than a guy who acts like he thinks he's 'out of my league', whatever that is. As far as I'm concerned, if he has that attitude, he's out of MINE.

I don't want to have to compete, I want him to think I'm the greatest girl he's ever going to be with and I want him to treat me like a queen. But hey, maybe that's just me.
    I agree completely. I hate cocky guys..... I want a guy who is sincere and nice.....but I have to find him attractive as well.....sigh....thats the hard part.

Yikes. Is that a bad thing? Me not wanting cocky egotistic guys?
    Not at all, just more like yourself. Looks and real "Down to earth" personality to boot lol.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Yea I think you may well be an exception, you see when ever guys do treat girls like a queen it never gets them anywhere. "Nice guys" never tend to go out with anyone but cling onto the one whom they want to be with and stay as good friends while the person they want to be with goes out with guys whom they consider to be jerks.

I am not saying girls go for guys who are completely cocky and egotistical, but alot of woman may well want to go out with guys who are to a certain extent because it shows them that the guy is in control and is confident in himself. Though if it is OTT then yea it is a major turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by only-virgins
    Believe it or not ...girls are people too. They differ in want and what they need and are looking for. If all you see is hot girls with dumb guys and have to make up a theory like this then..are you sure your not just talking about the stupid blondes( some brunettes can count too).

I am talking about just a general trend here that I have experienced, no need to get angry about it. Besides I am talking about in general people do not take what is readily available to them, whether the girl is good looking or not it is very unlikely that they will simply go out with the guy who treats her as if she is a queen. Bare in mind that I am 16 and have far less knowledge of relationships than you do, and the girls I am dealing with have far less experience aswell so as a result they may see a "nice guy" as simply being desperate. I apologise if my post offended you.
    Last edited by Airborne; 21-08-05 at 03:54 PM.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also find there are lots of nice guys who are hung up on the girls that treat them like crap......sigh...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Airborne is obviously male. No woman would buy into/write this theory. It is far too simplistic. And just for the record, the reason *some* women like to date jerks is because they lack self-esteem. The guys they date ALSO lack self esteem, and they treat women badly to made themselves feel superior.

Yikes. Is that a bad thing? Me not wanting ****
    Edited and quoted for....ah, no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I agree completely. I hate ****
    Et tu Ellynn?

Oh, what are those little "****"???

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's theory should be modified to cocky/funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Oh, what are those little "****"???
    That is a fill-in-the-blank for profanity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast