+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I ruin my chances? Told him we cant be just friends

Quote Originally Posted by aksy View Post
    I have lost my self control and concentration... I dont feel good when I go out, instead I feel more depressed... I want to call him and ask him what he is doing? what do you think?
    Don't do it. Give yourself time to grieve over the end of the relationship and then move on. This guy didn't work out, and you should take some time to get over him before you start dating again. Spend some time with your friends and family. Watch some (non-rom-com) comedies. Go shopping. Exercise. Start a new hobby. Do some volunteer work. Maybe adopt a pet. Whatever you do, stay busy because it will help you move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yes, re-read Vincenzo's post again and make yourself busy in mind and body so that you do not contact him EVER again. Staying away from him will allow you to heal so that you'll be motivated to find another man who won't be so afraid and closed off to allowing himself to become vulnerable. He was hurt in the past and he's still carrying around that baggage so he keeps walls up that don't allow you in fully. Don't you let him make you his human bandage who he turns to make himself feel better, don't do that anymore. You sound like a passionate and smart young lady and there are men out there that are healed from their past hurts and are open hearted which makes them good relationship material when adding compatibility and romantic connection.

It's like quiting a bad habit what you're going through right now. Like cigarettes you can't quit smoking if you keep having a drag off of one, so don't keep feeding your habit of having him in your life by letting him keep you hooked with little drags (meaningless email/texting) of himself.

Feel better soon.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Yes I get that smackie and that is not the reason I made those comments. Those comments were made solely on the basis of him saying at the start that he is not capable of ever loving someone again because he has been hurt before. That was a red flag and she should have ran there and then

OP no contact is the best thing for you but not to try and get him back (he aint coming back) its so you can accept it and move on

Rebound relationships never work. Learn from this-be on your own for awhile until you are over him and dont go out with a guy who is obviously emotionally unavailable again
    You can't base a whole persons personality on one comment that they have made. He may have felt that at that time becuase he was emotionally raw from his break up, but people DO get past the pain and what they had said before doesn't apply anymore...

Relationship can just end without some deviant motive.
    Last edited by smackie9; 25-06-13 at 03:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12