+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drama though promposal

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You TELL a girl what she wants, for example instead of asking "do you want to go to a movie with me" You say "I want to take you to a movie. Are you free this Saturday?
    I dunno smackie, I agree with your post #10 but this sounds just downright arrogant tbh. I would be very put off if a guy said something like that to me, especially since if I did not want to go out with him it would put me in a very awkward position (it would be tougher to let him know that I'm not interested). On the other hand, if I were interested in him, there would be no need to be so rude - this kind of arrogance would actually make me less interested.

I think you should go with your original plan, Mandophon (the one you mention in post #13).

Not me, even if I wasn't interested I would still be impressed, and I DO go out of my way in telling them that their approach is wonderful and they should keep it up even tho I am turning them down....so no there is no awkward moment because I'm not afraid to speak my mind and say no.....it doesn't bother me in the least to turn someone down. It's just part of life.

I like a man that is sure of himself. I would more likely to say yes and give him a shot just because of his effort.

To each their own I guess :-). I prefer a more respectful approach, a less confrontational one. I do love confidence, just not arrogance, and that's what it would seem to me.

How can that be arrogance. Arrogance would be "Hey you would be smart if you say yes to going on a date with me. You will have the best time ever, so how can you say no to that?"

I would call that "being an as*hole" .

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I dunno smackie, I agree with your post #10 but this sounds just downright arrogant tbh. I would be very put off if a guy said something like that to me, especially since if I did not want to go out with him it would put me in a very awkward position (it would be tougher to let him know that I'm not interested). On the other hand, if I were interested in him, there would be no need to be so rude - this kind of arrogance would actually make me less interested.
    I call bullshit. No girl is going to turn down someone she's interested in unless the approach is egregious. Say you would a thousand times, I still call bullshit.

It's also not making it tougher to let him know you're not interested, it's forcing a direct answer and not allowing for any type of gray area.

It's a personality thing. I'm a straight forward tell it like it is person...so I like direct and to the point approach. Ballzy is a turn on for me lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12