+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mature Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Using "lol" REALLY gets the ladies, doesn't it?
    You crack me up. Do you really think I would use such "words" to get a girl? The answer is no.

Then you are therefore able to judge others, making you a judgmental **** due to your judgment based on appearance.
    I bet you judge people as well but you either don't want to admit to it or don't see it. People make judgments on the people they see every day good or bad. Its human nature.

I been doing it throughout this thread. Don't tell me, it'll ruin the fun.
    Aegis did ruin the fun by telling you, I was having fun making you all pissed off and everything. Heck you called your self a bastard, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Pity, then. I will have to go back to watching jurupa and skaterboy. Please pass the popcorn.
    (Takes the popcorn from Vashti and dumps it on Zarathu's head)

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Aegis did ruin the fun by telling you, I was having fun making you all pissed off and everything. Heck you called your self a bastard, not me.
    Pissing me off? Please. Sticking me in the freezer would make me warmer. I don't get annoyed by people who are obviously unable to construct coherency in a sentence, much less create a coherent argument.

Pissing me off? Please. Sticking me in the freezer would make me warmer. I don't get annoyed by people who are obviously unable to construct coherency in a sentence, much less create a coherent argument.
    Ran out of things to say have we? But its not like your sentence are that much better geek, oh I am sorry I meant bastard.

King Zarathu Guest
    Ran out of things to say have we? But (1)its not like your (2)sentence are that much better (3)geek, (4)oh I am sorry(5) I meant bastard.
    (1) Use "it's," since you're abbreviating "it is."
    (2) Put an "s" at the end of plural nouns.
    (3) Lack of transition.
    (4) Lack of transition.
    (5) Lack of punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa
    its not like your sentence are that much better
    Nice.

(1) Use "it's," since you're abbreviating "it is."
    I will give you this one.

(2) Put an "s" at the end of plural nouns.
    Ditto
    (3) Lack of transition.
    Your actually wrong and missed this one. Its not transition, but punctuation. Meaning a comma is needed, if anything. It is not a run on nor a compound sentence, so a transition is not needed.

(4) Lack of transition.
    Read what I typed above. I put a comma there as I combined two sentences into one, hence the comma.

(5) Lack of punctuation.
    Give you this one as well.

Nice.
    Not a valid sentence.

King Zarathu Guest
    (1)Your actually wrong and missed this one. (2)Its not transition, but punctuation(3). Meaning a comma is needed, if anything. It is not a run(4) on nor a compound sentence, so a transition is not needed.
    (1) You're*
    (2) It's*
    (3) Ending the sentence here is wrong.
    (4) Run-on*

Besides, you're entirely wrong, since you seem to be confusing "transition" with "conjunction," as you're bringing up the concept of compound sentences. A transition is used to decorate your sentence and is necessary if you do not want to sound like a complete moron.

Not a valid sentence.
    Yes it is. Certain sentences that do not contain a subject and a predicate are necessary. Example:

"Where are the spoons?"
    "In the drawer."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes."
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 30-11-06 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Fixed a color tag

anachronistic Guest
    man, i'll tell ya, zarathu really knows his english.. zarathu, you still haven't told me your native tongue yet.

You're encouraging me to type with correct grammar and punctuation.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 30-11-06 at 07:18 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    man, i'll tell ya, zarathu really knows his english.. zarathu, you still haven't told me your native tongue yet.

You're encouraging me to type with correct grammar and punctuation.
    My native tongue is French. Then, I learned English, followed by Arabic.

My native tongue is French. Then, I learned English, followed by Arabic.
    Wow. Pretty impressive, actually. How old were you when you learned English?

Zarathu, I challenge you to a grammar-a-thon.

(1) You're*
    (2) It's*
    (3) Ending the sentence here is wrong.
    (4) Run-on*

Besides, you're entirely wrong, since you seem to be confusing "transition" with "conjunction," as you're bringing up the concept of compound sentences. A transition is used to decorate your sentence and is necessary if you do not want to sound like a complete moron.
    I guess they change some of the rules then or it was something I was not taught. But like it really matters anyway, I am not doing an essay where I pay more attention to my grammar and sentence structure. So far I had only one English teach that did not like my essays.

Speaking of essays I have to do 4 of them in two or so weeks time, and they must be at least two pages or more. The best part is that they all for Philosophy. Aren't I lucky.

Yes it is. Certain sentences that do not contain a subject and a predicate are necessary. Example:

"Where are the spoons?"
    "In the drawer."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes."
    I get the examples, but not what you said because there seems to be something missing to explain why you can have what I call a "conversation sentence". I am talking about after the word predicate. You never explained what was necessary. I get the no subject and no predicate, but not why such a sentence like "Yes." is correct. But I have a feeling this is more technical English grammar, that I never touched for some reason.

Zarathu are you good enough to write like Ernest Hemingway? Because you seem to know enough to attempt his writing style.

anachronistic Guest
    I guess they change some of the rules then or it was something I was not taught. But like it really matters anyway, I am not doing an essay where I pay more attention to my grammar and sentence structure. So far I had only one English teach that did not like my essays.

Speaking of essays I have to do 4 of them in two or so weeks time, and they must be at least two pages or more. The best part is that they all for Philosophy. Aren't I lucky.

I get the examples, but not what you said because there seems to be something missing to explain why you can have what I call a "conversation sentence". I am talking about after the word predicate. You never explained what was necessary. I get the no subject and no predicate, but not why such a sentence like "Yes." is correct. But I have a feeling this is more technical English grammar, that I never touched for some reason.

Zarathu are you good enough to write like Ernest Hemingway? Because you seem to know enough to attempt his writing style.
    i have a 5 page paper that i have to type which was assigned monday. it has to be on the 18th amendment and is due tomorrow. would you like to do it for me?

just kidding. i also have a 2 page paper due tomorrow which has to be in german. it will be about the deer i hit today. ja, ich habe ein Reh geschlagt...

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    i have a 5 page paper that i have to type which was assigned monday. it has to be on the 18th amendment and is due tomorrow. would you like to do it for me?

just kidding. i also have a 2 page paper due tomorrow which has to be in german. it will be about the deer i hit today. ja, ich habe ein Reh geschlagt...
    Have fun. You should have Zarathu correct the German paper.

King Zarathu Guest
    Ernest Hemingway ****ing sucks. I suck abysmally at reading and writing. My math, on the other hand, rules.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoyajm
    Wow. Pretty impressive, actually. How old were you when you learned English?
    Who cares? Wanna ****?

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoyajm
    Zarathu, I challenge you to a grammar-a-thon.
    Sweet. When I win, let's ****.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast