+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious... are you for dead sentence or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Well he was co-founder of the Crips.. and Snoop use to be a Crip.. so... there you go lol.
    Hum I see.. this gang is all over the State and Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I am not in favor of the death penalty. It is barbaric. I don't care about whether or not the criminal is rehabilitated, either. As just a matter of practicality, and it costs more to execute than it does to keep one alive in prison. Besides, I think it is morally corrupting to the society that allows it, particularly since it is so unfairly applied. I favor life with no parole.

That being said, I am not personally upset by Tookie's death. He was a bastard who organized a gang that is responsible for thousands of murders in Losa Angeles and across the country. I would have been more upset had that Texas woman that killed her kids, but was schizophrenic gotten the death penalty.

I heard about that woman in Canada, too, Frenchie. That was a heinous crime. I wish she would have rotted in jail along with her husband.
    Yes I agree with you Shh...!
    Where is the justice... that women in Quebec got out because she made a pack with the procecutor...she told him that she know where all the video tape of the murder were.. and she ask them to lower her sentence if she tell them and she also mention that she had nothing to do with the murder her husband was doing it all.. so they sign the pack and then they saw the tapes.. and here she was raping the little girl and she was as much part and even more then her husband .....

What a stupid...&?%$#... grrrr... now she is walking the street free...

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Interesting how the media slants the stories. First Tookie is portrayed as this harmless, frail old man wearing a withered away blue button shirt, glasses and a homely face. Then, all of a sudden, when the Governator rejects his final appeal, and its clear that he is worm food, they show pictures of him from 30 years ago all gangster, braided hair, sporting his gang color.

Tookie never really changed. Sure he wrote some cute kid books. BUT he REFUSED to help law enforcement solve ANY gang related crimes. That means everything not one murder, theft, not even a simple case of vandalism. Tookie didn't change...he just played good for HIS benefit when he was in the joint.
    Yes that true.. and actually never said sorry to the family victim that he killed

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    I don't believe in the death penalty. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (I've always wanted to say that here - and I did it withing context - yay). Anyways, I'm not for the death penalty.

For example. A guy in Tampa will face the death penalty for kidnaping, raping, and murdering a teen. He was sentenced recently. The victims parents did NOT want the death penalty, WHY?

Because, criminals in jail do not like child molesters at all. And once word gets out what he's in for, the criminals KILL him in jail - often violently. And that's what the parents want. This stuff happens. Criminals are put in jail, where it is KNOWN they will be killed by other inmates because of a particular crime, such as what this guy did.

I'm not for the death penalty - it's a little too medievel for me. I believe in life in prison - without the possibility of parole. Now THAT'S punishment. It's NOT the easy way out.

My 2 cents.
    I actually agree with you RSK!
    If you dead then you can't feel no remorse for what you did, its all over for you...

Yes that true too that in jail if you rape or you are a women beater... you get the shit kicking.. by the inmate... they are pretty strick with that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Frenchmaid----I agree with the Death Penalty.
    Sometime I have a hard time to believe if its good or not...
    I am just thinking.. what about that guy/girl if they did do the crime and they still accuse him/she and died for it.. then what...

All the family will get is maybe a apolizied by the government that all!

I guess its very touchy opinion!!!!

I was thinking about that girl.. " the movie Monster" what was her name again? was it the first women put to death??? Do you know which one I am talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Frenchmaid----I agree with the Death Penalty.
    Really? And I like Hot Pancakes. Care to give some reasons why?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    The TVs etc. in prison are not merely for the entertainment of the prisoners, Rosebud. It serves as the opiate of the population and makes the prisoners easier for the guards to control. Given absolutely nothing to do, prisoners will riot and take guards hostage, as you frequently hear about in South America.
    I know what your saying Vashti and I agree to some level. I just used TV as an example of prisoners having items and or demands to make their lives more comfortable while in prison which I disagree with. Like Blue said, they should make prisons more dreadful but then again the people that commit these crimes will then find someway to manage in those circumstances even then.

I just don't think life in prison is the worst thing that can happen to these people, most of their mindsets don't change because they think and survive the same way they do on the streets. They do the same things, they kill, they rape, they indulge in drugs...it's all the same so what's the difference of spending life in prison as to doing the same things on the street?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I just don't think life in prison is the worst thing that can happen to these people, most of their mindsets don't change because they think and survive the same way they do on the streets. They do the same things, they kill, they rape, they indulge in drugs...it's all the same so what's the difference of spending life in prison as to doing the same things on the street?
    Innocent people don't get hurt because of it?

Except those that are in jail that are, in fact, innocent which happens far too often to take lightly.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok Yes innocent people get hurt when this happens outside of jail.

But my point is they live the same way they would if they were not in jail doing the same things. So it's not really punishing the offenders by doing that.

Tone Guest
    I dunno RoseB... have you ever watched any of those documentaries? Prison life is pretty rough.

I don't think inmates see it as 'no different than what they were doin on the streets'. MOST of the time they advocate how important it is to stay out of trouble cause you "don't want to end up like me. You don't want to be in here."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes I have watched most of those documentaries... school purposes as well (criminal Justice). But those prisoners create that rough scene. I'm not talking about smaller things such as robbery or arseny..I'm talking about cold blooded killers or molesters. Those types strive on living that way. They want to kill others, they want to do drugs, and they want to rape one another to have control over the prison. They do that themselves.

Tone Guest
    I think we can all agree that the current judicial system is flawed.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes I can agree to that. I think all this studying criminal minds stuff has me absorbed at the moment... lol

There are prisons in other areas that are worse than the ones here in the US.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oh yes I do agree Junsui!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast