+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should i pay half, or more?

boobaa: Condescending professor or giant manbaby?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    boobaa: Condescending professor or giant manbaby?
    Giant Manbaby... logic behind this. If he were a professor he would be making money, if he was making money he wouldn't be defending guys who desire to be taken care of.

He should pay his fair share - half. He does sound like an idiot - do you really want to live with an idiot?

He's probably one of those sweet talking assholes. They're the ones who get all of the girls and ruin them by making them think that all men are just like them (lazy and selfish).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If women weren't so shallow and gullible they'd know to look beyond the smooth talk.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

They can't help themselves, just like we can't help thinking with our cocks most of the time. "He tells me that he loves me and that I'm the only one", never mind the fact that he's an immature douchebag loser. "She is sooo hot and I know she'll do anything in bed", never mind the fact that she's done like a hundred guys before you and probably has some STD. See, both sexes suffer from 'ignoring the facts syndrome'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    If women weren't so shallow and gullible they'd know to look beyond the smooth talk.
    I don't feel women fall for smooth talk because they are gullible and shallow, I feel most women are big romantics, I would go so far as to say its a fact. It would be hard to label women as shallow, there are a few shallow women out there, but there are an incredible amount of super hot women with really ugly husbands and boyfriends that are not rich. In fact, most women marry for love, without thought of their own future security. I see this often, all around me and although I wouldn't marry for money, I cringe when I see a woman dating someone that simply can barely get by on his own.

I agree with your statement more than Gribble's. Women are romantics and therefore want to believe the romantic sounding lies that come from a smooth talker's lips. I totally disagree that there are few shallow women out there though. Just go to California or New York. There are plenty of women who don't marry for money, but there are plenty of women who only marry or date for that one reason. I too hate to see a woman with a guy that she'll end up supporting.

I just read this post and it was posted by a woman. She is SO shallow and doesn't even realize it. There are many like her out there. [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/46346-do-i-need-let-go-continue.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/46346-do-i-need-let-go-continue.html[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I just read this post and it was posted by a woman. She is SO shallow and doesn't even realize it. There are many like her out there. [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/46346-do-i-need-let-go-continue.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/46346-do-i-need-let-go-continue.html[/URL]
    I think we need to know a bit more of the situation. First, she has horrible grammar, so we can assume that she cannot support herself (that was a jab, obviously).
    I was born broke too, horribly, sometimes we didn't even have running water broke, but I was able to find a way out, not because of my husband, but with the choices I've made. Had I not been able to make it out myself I may have considered hooking up with a rich guy just because I know how much it SUCKS to not know if you will have a place to live next month.
    This guy who seems to treat her well may only make $15,000 a year. I'm sure there are wonderful guys in this world who make very little money, I wouldn't marry them. I wouldn't marry for money, but I would disqualify men based on income. My husband made a lot more than I did when I worked, but I didn't marry him for that reason.

I mainly posted that because you stated that there are very few shallow women out there. She is a prime example (despite having bad grammar, although that may be the result of a bad online translator). Unfortunately because you admit above that you'd marry just to escape unfavorable circumstances you show that you are (or at least that you're capable of) being shallow as well. Marrying for money is shallow, no matter what the reasons.

I mainly posted that because you stated that there are very few shallow women out there. She is a prime example (despite having bad grammar, although that may be the result of a bad online translator). Unfortunately because you admit above that you'd marry just to escape unfavorable circumstances you show that you are (or at least that you're capable of) being shallow as well. Marrying for money is shallow, no matter what the reasons.
    Everyone is capable of being shallow. I merely stated that had my life gone differently I may have made the same choices, since my life never went that way you can't say I really would have because I've never been that person. Had your life gone differently you may have too. There are many shallow women out there, but there are also a lot of women with bleeding hearts that marry into a situation of impending doom.

Rethinking this (Or maybe I just need a break from housework), I am actually kind of shallow, but not because of money. I heavily judge people, and have very strong opinions. My ex friend seriously works 2 jobs, over 60 hours a week because her husband cannot keep a job. There aren't that many good places to work in Waco, TX, he's managed to get fired from just about all of them. He doesn't clean, he doesn't cook that much, and he doesn't pay for the mortgage. He has a part time job making minimum wage, but wants to stay part time so he can practice his comedy (no one thinks he is funny). And when he does find good work, he spends all his money on the strip club. I think he is scum of the earth and she needs to divorce him. Every reason I dislike him doesn't have to do with his personality, but his value to society, so I guess that fits the definition of shallow... but I accept this. I'm a happily well-adjusted shallow person.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    .....It would be hard to label women as shallow, there are a few shallow women out there, ........I see this often, all around me and although I wouldn't marry for money.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Everyone is capable of being shallow. I merely stated that had my life gone differently I may have made the same choices, since my life never went that way you can't say I really would have because I've never been that person. Had your life gone differently you may have too. There are many shallow women out there, but there are also a lot of women with bleeding hearts that marry into a situation of impending doom.
    Interesting...
    Last edited by Incognito; 07-10-10 at 03:56 AM.

As far as that guy is concerned she needs to insure him for a million bucks and slip some rat poison in his coffee. That would make up for all the years of laziness and incompetence in one fell swoop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast