+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Circle to NOLA

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey Noogie!

I've been talking with Timmy lately. We think that you and Tim and me and Choi should all move in together and be roomies. I know you've got a lease until May - but we all would be willing to save a bedroom for you, and just pay more rent until you could join us. =)

We found some really awesome 4 bedrooms on craigslist.... And I think it would be really fun to have a little family in NOLA. You were so great to live with!

Let me know if you're interested. =)

Miss you dude!

ames

P.S. Here are some links to entice you...

[url]http://neworleans.craigslist.org/apa/513204997.html[/url]
    So I was on the phone with Amy and she had been speaking to Tim (from HONO) and he suggested since he's paying his lease month by month, that if me and Amy were to decide we weren't sure about moving in together, that him (Tim), and Nic (also from HONO), could be roomies!

I think it sounds like a great idea.

I miss the small communal type living from AmeriCorps, and I worked with these guys when I was down there, and Amy and Kenda had roomed with them and other HONO staff while they were working there.

Also, this would probably sound much more appealing to her parents. Though, she said even if they were against us moving in together alone, she'd still do it and just put up with the shit.

So the average 4 bedroom house has rent of $1500.00, split 4 ways it's about 375.00. Not bad. And me and Amy would still have our own rooms, which I'm totally for!

I told her I don't have to wait till March to leave, I could leaving next week or next month! I have nothing holding me here. She's just looking for somebody to sublet her apartment, otherwise nothing else is holding her.

I'm so excited about moving I day dream about it while I'm slaving away at work...

Hell, I thought about stealing one of the trucks and just driving home, throwing my shit in it, and driving to NOLA.

I like the many roommates scenario. It takes some of the pressure off, actually, just in case either of you go back to the "we might break up" place. I think it's a winner all around.

I'm really excited for you guys!

FYI, my friend Rachael was living with her boyfriend in college for three years in a two-bedroom apartment because his parents were so conservative. They weren't fooling anybody, but his parents appreciated the pretense.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good plan. I hope it can be arranged.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

that sounds cool. i'm in a similar situation. i live with mikey and a roommate. it works out quite well.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Btw, Amy, you and your man should come to NM sometime and go skiing with me and Misombra. Really. You should.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa... when did the misses join??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    whoa... when did the misses join??

raverboy
    She joined only for this thread.

She didn't want to start intruding on my conversations and things, which I appreciate, 'cause I kinda like havin' this place to myself.

However, it's cool having her registered so if for whatever reason (like this one), where our combined input is ideal, she can provide her's.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks Giga!

So here's the deal.

Amy is getting caught up in the bullshit of breaking her lease. They won't let her sub out without written permission from the boss people. Everybody she talks to tells her they have to let their boss know what's up, she's needs to talk to the 2nd boss so far...

I'm thinking about moving down sooner than her. Nic, one of the people we've discussed rooming with, still has to finish out his lease 'til May. I'm thinking maybe I can stay with him for about a month while I apply to the GCCCC (Gulf Coast Construction Career Center), look for jobs and apartments for the 4 of us. This would be great because right now Amy and I only have Nic and Tim to scope out apartments, but they're kinda busy so they're not always able to.

The GCCCC is directly affiliated with the unions along the gulf coast and is pretty much a pre-apprenticeship program. After about a month of training, they'll send you off to an employer in the field of your choice.

Sounds pretty cool.

I'm done with Lawton, and I'm especially done with my fúck head of a boss.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Very exciting, and I think it is a good idea for amy to have a place to go all lined up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

see how everything just works itself out? it's so cool.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gosh darnit I missed this somehow! Hi Amy! Welcome! Its so nice to meet Fras's other half!

The idea alone of being away from everything and having a fresh start is so appealing! It was for me when I did a billion times, finally put though.

The roommate(s) is a great idea! Definetly takes the financial end of things a little easier to handle. I strongly agree with everyone as far as finances are concerned. Split things, its easier. No one pay for more than the other. My hubby and I split 50/50. We STILL have our own checking accounts.

Its a great idea and Im sure things will work out for you. You'll be fine no matter what. Youre also old enough no matter what the family says, youre doing what you feel is best for you. Amy, Im EXTREMELY close to my family and Ive made decisions in my life my parents were NOT happy about, but supported me and were there when it came out bad. They will ALWAYS look out for you no matter what. Thats what parents do.

Goodluck you guys and I wish you the very very best!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    Gosh darnit I missed this somehow! Hi Amy! Welcome! Its so nice to meet Fras's other half!
    Sorry Squirrley! This was actually in a hidden forum, Amy wanted a bit of privacy to discuss the topic, otherwise she wouldn'tve registered to post. She probably won't be coming back to post here much more in the future 'cause she likes to leave this forum to me.

hmm so how did I manage to see this? I WAS a mod in past and saw the other day I still had thread powers per say. I dont want the job anymore, is that why? Trust me I wouldnt have intruded had this been case, Im sorry.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    hmm so how did I manage to see this? I WAS a mod in past and saw the other day I still had thread powers per say. I dont want the job anymore, is that why? Trust me I wouldnt have intruded had this been case, Im sorry.
    Haha, it was in a hidden forum. I wasn't able to move it, so I had Giga, the "Supermod" move it to public forums now that Amy is done participating.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My job is slowly eating me from the inside.

I'm so tempted to just quit, and cease being financially responsible, pack my bags and drive on down to New Orleans and just figure shit out on a whim, when I get there.

I really, really want to.

Because of technicalities with breaking her lease, Amy may not be able to get down until April 1st or so. This would mean I would need a place to stay for 2 months temporarily while I look for a job and keep an eye on 4 bedroom apartments.

Reggie and his girlfriend have a spare bedroom in their apartment, and Reg owe's Amy for staying in her's for 6 weeks.

Tim (future roommate), is gonna be gone the whole month of March, so I'd need at least a month elsewhere before I could stay in his apartment.

Nic (future roommate), his apartment is too small to house 2 people for that long. But he said he has space for my things should I need it.

I could stay in the Hands On New Orleans bunkhouse for $20 a day which includes a bed, and 3 meals, but would require that I volunteer during my stay. I think I could work out a deal where I could take days off to look for jobs/apartments while I was there, especially considering I intend on volunteering with them continually after I've found a place and a job. Me and Ames are looking to becoming regular long-term team/project leaders for HONO.

I just wanna leave this place, just wanna get out and start figuring my life out in New Orleans. I could do it...I know I could...I'm just afraid to go by myself...and without some sort of concrete temporary living arrangement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast