+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: backwards situation

he hasnt applied for unemployment yet...so I am really doing everything on my own.

sometimes i feel like he has no emotions cuz he never expresses them. (except saying i love you to me and my daughter alot)

Quote Originally Posted by annoyed23 View Post
    sometimes i feel like he has no emotions cuz he never expresses them. (except saying i love you to me and my daughter alot)
    do you know that he can apply for unemployment over the phone?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

yea....he was going to today. hopefully he does!

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    do you know that he can apply for unemployment over the phone?
    Hell, in many states you can do it over the internet these days.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

as an objectivist, i don't believe in the above mentioned states of mind. those "feelings" are basically laziness and egoism.
    Actually, frustration and destruction of ego might be more apt. However these are still things that require training and support to overcome.

As for depression, you would do well to educate yourself about it. Many things can cause it, including chemical imbalances in the brain. Something that your level of laziness and ego have no affect on. Depression affects many people in many ways. There is a difference between being depressed about a particular situation for a short duration and clinical depression.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Actually, frustration and destruction of ego might be more apt. However these are still things that require training and support to overcome.

As for depression, you would do well to educate yourself about it. Many things can cause it, including chemical imbalances in the brain. Something that your level of laziness and ego have no affect on. Depression affects many people in many ways. There is a difference between being depressed about a particular situation for a short duration and clinical depression.
    in my opinion it's an excuse. did you know that we never even knew back in Russia about depression? it just doesn't exist there.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Same as in Africa...when we got here, we learned of so many new diseases and problems.

in my opinion it's an excuse. did you know that we never even knew back in Russia about depression? it just doesn't exist there.
    Just because it is diagnosed or you live with your head in the sand doesn't mean it isn't real and doesn't exist.

Oh, and here's a rebuttal to your argument about "In Soviet Russia"

[url]http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pressparliament/pressreleases2006/pr781.aspx[/url]

[url]http://en.rian.ru/russia/20090111/119415034.html[/url]

[url]http://www.abc.net.au/correspondents/content/2005/s1505194.htm[/url]

[url]http://asm.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/8/4/373[/url]
    Last edited by Lite; 31-01-09 at 01:23 AM.

Same as in Africa...when we got here, we learned of so many new diseases and problems.
    ooooh, tell me more! you are from Africa?

Like aids? The problems exist whether diagnosed and treated or not. Increased availability and access to general health care facilities tends to help that.

Just because it is diagnosed or you live with your head in the sand doesn't mean it isn't real and doesn't exist.

Oh, and here's a rebuttal to your argument about "In Soviet Russia"

[url]http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pressparliament/pressreleases2006/pr781.aspx[/url]

[url]http://en.rian.ru/russia/20090111/119415034.html[/url]

[url]http://www.abc.net.au/correspondents/content/2005/s1505194.htm[/url]

[url]http://asm.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/8/4/373[/url]

bullshit. they don't even know what it is. they just like to complain. i have seen American's who claim that they are depressed, and of course if you start a study in Russia and pay them for it, they'll tell you anything you want to hear.

think about it:

so you feel sad? sure do, mam

do you experience anxiety? yes, since my dog died i haven't been the same

any loss of pleasure? yes, my wife hasn't given me any for about 2 weeks

About 60% of Russians rated the changes in their income and material circumstances after 1989 as ‘bad’ or ‘very bad’

bullshit. they don't even know what it is. they just like to complain. i have seen American's who claim that they are depressed, and of course if you start a study in Russia and pay them for it, they'll tell you anything you want to hear.

think about it:

so you feel sad? sure do, mam

do you experience anxiety? yes, since my dog died i haven't been the same

any loss of pleasure? yes, my wife hasn't given me any for about 2 weeks

About 60% of Russians rated the changes in their income and material circumstances after 1989 as ‘bad’ or ‘very bad’
    It must be wonderful to live in a world where one can dismiss any problem simply by denying it exists. I'd envy you, but then again I understand that to do as such it requires you to simply ignore facts and logic. I'd rather educate myself instead.

yeah, I am from Africa...what do you wanna know?

It must be wonderful to live in a world where one can dismiss any problem simply by denying it exists. I'd envy you, but then again I understand that to do as such it requires you to simply ignore facts and logic. I'd rather educate myself instead.
    you know what makes it easy for me? whenever i feel sad, I tell myself that it's all in my head and able to snap out of it, instead of self pity and taking opiates.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast