+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confusing relationship with ex bf..help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kealy View Post
    No I know. I do agree, it's just so hard, especially when he is so upset about something like this, I just want to help him. He was my best friend for so long it hurts to hear him so upset. I am sure he doesn't mean to me manipulative, but I know it is not in my best interests to pander to it. I hope he doesn't think I am terribly heartless if I don't text him to ask how his dog is but I know I shouldn't. It would just be easier if he didn't do this.
    I am sure he doesn't mean to me manipulative,
    I'm not as sure as you are ;o)

I hope he doesn't think I am terribly heartless if I don't text him to ask how his dog is but I know I shouldn't.
    Glad you know you shouldn't so don't. He has friends and family he can vent to. His option to vent to you was lost when he didn't want to be you boyfriend anymore. He knows you're not "terribly heartless" so forget that shit. You're thinking like a girl. YOU would think HE was terribly heartless if he didn't text you back and ask how your dog is.

It would just be easier if he didn't do this.
    Agreed. If you don't play to it then it will eventually stop or, if he really wants you, he'll tell you that outright without the manipulative filler excuses to contact you.

You're doing great, just don't be so anxious to respond and refuse to entertain his crap. I think you did good by saying goodbye first and simply being polite.

Yeah..I mean I think of all the times I was here all alone crying and calling him and he wouldn't answer and even turned his phone off...way back when we first broke up. I could never be like that even though he has put me through so much pain. I know he wants it to go back to how it was, just talking now and then with no commitment, but I can't do that again. I was doing so well and now my head is full of thoughts of him and how he must be feeling. I want to be there for him but I can't. Just venting...I know the reasons why I can't anymore. I just want to be rid of pain and heartache once and for all.

He sucked me back in this weekend and now I've spent about an hour crying. I told him of my plans to go away travelling in September...I guess I expected him to say 'don't go'. He didn't. He says he loves me very much but I think its bullshit. You can't love someone that much and be willing to let them go completely. Ugh...whatever...back to no contact again. I feel so down today which just proves he is toxic in my life.

I really feel like I need some support or just someone to tell me NOT to contact him. I really really miss him now. And with tomorrow being Valentine's I can't help but feel really sad. I want to text him so much and hear how he is, and what's new. I know he expects me to cave...and I probably will.. Please help me to be strong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123