+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's reasons like that I want to vote for McCain. I actually think he kept his cool, but then again maybe that is because I am used to seeing the temper Calabrians can have

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's a clip of McCain that I wish I could find. I saw it on television and I guess nobody managed to record it. He was talking to a fighter pilot years ago. Basically he was accusing the guy of being a coward for obeying the rules of engagement. Iraqi planes would fly over and launch missiles, then flee into the no-fly zone. This pilot, like all the rest of the pilots, obeyed orders and did not pursue. McCain harassed the guy so much about it I wish I could have reached through the screen and slapped him.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well if there is one man who could say that without being a hypocrite in the slightest it would be McCain, considering he endured 5 years of genuine torture without cracking (not this bullshit they call torture from Guantanamo or Abu Graib, McCains torture makes that look like being pampered at a resort)

You've gotta be as tough as nails to take what he did

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Well if there is one man who could say that without being a hypocrite in the slightest it would be McCain, considering he endured 5 years of genuine torture without cracking (not this bullshit they call torture from Guantanamo or Abu Graib, McCains torture makes that look like being pampered at a resort)

McCain would would have been a good candidate last election.

This election?

I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    McCain would would have been a good candidate last election.

This election?

I have my doubts.
    The only reason I'd have voted for McCain last year is because Kerry is a bigger douche.

I seem to not be voting for the candidate I think will do a great job. I find myself voting for the candidate that will suck less.

We really need better candidates.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    McCain has a scaaary temper. He can't even keep his cool with reporters. I would be afraid of him meeting with world leaders after seeing clips like this.

YouTube - John McCain Loses Temper With NY Times Reporter
    Actually I don't see the problem, he got a question that he thought was stupid and thus didnt want to answer it, and he didnt really crack.

You've gotta be as tough as nails to take what he did.
    While he endured that is certainly to be respected, I'd be more worried about what kind of person he was when he got out. I wouldn't blame him if it turns out that he's got a passionate hatred against the Russians and the cold war hidden deep down, or something along those lines.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think McCain falls on his PoW experiences way too often. It's impressive. If he hasn't all ready, he could write a swell book on it. What in the hell does it have to do with politics, though? Every chance he gets he stresses his experience as a POW.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Gribble, that's his technique for reeling in the redneck patriots which make up a lot of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Actually I don't see the problem, he got a question that he thought was stupid and thus didnt want to answer it, and he didnt really crack.
    I think he threw a hissy fit. She was a reporter from the New York Times not a partisan heckler. Just because you disagree with the question doesn't mean you should lose your decorum. Just politely refuse to answer the question. I don't think a world leader should be an emotionless robot, but if you look up "John McCain" and "anger" on Youtube you'll find alot of clips just like this in which he lashes out at other senators and people in congress like a kid throwing a tantrum. He's pretty notorious for it in Washington.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Gribble, that's his technique for reeling in the redneck patriots which make up a lot of the country.
    The funny thing is, those are some of the least patriotic people in our nation.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post

Shame can make anyone appear tough.
    Last edited by lesa; 30-09-08 at 10:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shame? Shame for what?
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Sorry I'm tipsy.

He stated in one interview that he didn't want to let his father down so he remained tough for him. Letting his father down was worse than enduring the tortures for him.

We all try to stay tough for something and we say 'f*** it' when we no longer feel ashamed. Maybe, oh well I tried. Nap for me rofl.

Everything about Palin is a joke. I remember watching the Republican convention, and she got everyone excited (including me). At that time, she raised the bar and had high expectation. The media also were on her side.

Since then, she has done very limited interviews, her campaign doesn't allow her to speak to reporters. WHY? because she is an embarrasing mistake that Mccain gambled on. She is not qualified, she is a disgrace, and I honestly think she should step down as vice president nominee, for her own good, and for the republican party. she has a style very similar to bush, she has a decisive and rash style, her far extreme view on abortion is frightening, she really believes the proximity of alaska to russia counts as foreign experience? LOL! she doesn't know what the bush doctrine is! she can't answer a simple SIMPLE question on the current bailout situation, and how it relates to the economy. She should step down. I have no idea how she is going to handle the debate with biden on thursday! LOL

sorry, that is my sarah palin rant. i hope she can prove me wrong on thursday, if the republics win the election.

by the way, i am excited about this election... first time i'm voting! i'm voting for change

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc"]YouTube - Jack Cafferty Tells Us How He Really Feels About Sarah Palin[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PXHqrSp58"]YouTube - CBS Katie Couric and Sarah Palin-Alaska-Russia[/ame]

it is a shame that negative campaigning works better than truthful politics (oxymoron!)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0xzsogzAk"]YouTube - John McCain's ads are LIES. Here's the video proof.[/ame]

there are so many other videos..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast