+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I called my gf a PIG, by mistake... What do I do now?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I thanked you Starbuck cuz you had 666 thanks and I hate that number lol
    I think I will thank you until you reach 666 thank yous, then ban you so you can't do anything about it.

I know you wouldnt do that Frasbee. If you did that, DM would no longer have LF eye candy. Now would you really wanna do that to him?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I assumed from the way the original post was worded that the girl meant the comparison to be "cute", otherwise she would have called him a rat. Did I misunderstand this?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I assumed from the way the original post was worded that the girl meant the comparison to be "cute", otherwise she would have called him a rat. Did I misunderstand this?
    After thinking about it, I'm kind of more concerned that the OP's first reaction to feeling embarassed or belittled was to lash out at the person. Makes me wonder if they have self control and anger issues. Either way it's not a good habit to have so young.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    so "smart" men are not allowed to have a sense of humor and joke around, huh?
    a smart/respectful man knows not to joke around like that.
    Last edited by misombra; 20-12-08 at 02:49 PM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also got the impression that he called her a pig just to be "cute". Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he was actually commenting on her weight.

In either case, I think he should react just as stupidly as she. Being called a mouse could be viewed as emasculating. When she comes crawling back looking to make up he should give her the exact same treatment.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No.

Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whatever. I think they are both stupid, just for different reasons.

His error is easily fixed. Hers, however, is not. Good luck with this one, I say.

Update

Lots of replies. I appreciate every single one of them. Thank you kindly.

UPDATE:
    I talked to my mate that I trust very much with this type of stuff. He told me two things:

1. "YOU obviously need to give her the card. I suggest you don't but if you do, do not mention anything about calling her a pig. Mention about how you replied with another animal movie and the first one that came out was Babe, a rather popular one. You blundered. You did not mean to hurt her feelings. You were only trying to be funny. Whatever you do, DO NOT apologize again. No woman likes a wussy. If she fails to get over this, there is no point in keeping this relationship going."

2. When you give her the card write something like "These are the 13 things I love about you" and subtly focus on her looks, details of her personality and her behavior that you like." Focus on the POSITIVE and how much you care about her. She can then keep the card. No apologies. No pigs. Just an explanation and a statement that you care about her in many ways.

I thought the above was VERY sound advice and it reiterated certain posts here. So I wrote the card and I was going to deliver it in her mailbox. But then she txted me with "Can you come over tomorrow morning?". As much as I wanted to send her a message back with "YES YES YES I want to come over and move on" I said "I would like that very much. See you then!". So now I am going to see her in a few hours. If it works out I will give her the card anyway. If not, well then it wasn't even worth worrying about.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I know you wouldnt do that Frasbee.
    Of course I wouldn't.

If you did that, DM would no longer have LF eye candy. Now would you really wanna do that to him?
    But when you put it this way...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by djdiablo View Post
    Lots of replies. I appreciate every single one of them. Thank you kindly.

UPDATE:
    I talked to my mate that I trust very much with this type of stuff. He told me two things:

1. "YOU obviously need to give her the card. I suggest you don't but if you do, do not mention anything about calling her a pig. Mention about how you replied with another animal movie and the first one that came out was Babe, a rather popular one. You blundered. You did not mean to hurt her feelings. You were only trying to be funny. Whatever you do, DO NOT apologize again. No woman likes a wussy. If she fails to get over this, there is no point in keeping this relationship going."

2. When you give her the card write something like "These are the 13 things I love about you" and subtly focus on her looks, details of her personality and her behavior that you like." Focus on the POSITIVE and how much you care about her. She can then keep the card. No apologies. No pigs. Just an explanation and a statement that you care about her in many ways.

I thought the above was VERY sound advice and it reiterated certain posts here. So I wrote the card and I was going to deliver it in her mailbox. But then she txted me with "Can you come over tomorrow morning?". As much as I wanted to send her a message back with "YES YES YES I want to come over and move on" I said "I would like that very much. See you then!". So now I am going to see her in a few hours. If it works out I will give her the card anyway. If not, well then it wasn't even worth worrying about.
    Send your friend to this forum so we can adopt him. He sounds quality.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For chrissakes don't give her the card unless you want to hand your balls over with it. You've done enough ass-kissing over this non-event.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Send your friend to this forum so we can adopt him. He sounds quality.
    I agree. He gave great advice but I agree that the card thing should be eliminated. I would do number 1. Say you thought of another movie and did not mean to hurt her feelings. Then leave it at that. No more apologizing about it.
    Last edited by lesa; 21-12-08 at 08:18 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, I thought the card was like, for her birthday or somethin'.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck it, she'll get over it...

i've called my gf a lot of things that are far worse that a pig and what happened... nothing. patience my friend.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast